• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please help me .. Back of tooth chipped off.

I

italiannyc17

The back of my front tooth has chipped off. Im only 22 but have not went to the dentist in over 10 years up until a few months ago. Found out i needed alot of work done, and was scared to death of it and ignored it all. I was eatting and then all of a sudden i felt a piece of it come off. I know its not tarter because feeling the back of my tooth with my tounge, a piece of the back of it is missing. Near the gum line. just imagine the back of your tooth with the bottom left of it missing. Thats how mine is. The front of my tooth looks fine , and its not really loose, but SLIGHTY can move foward if i push with my tounge. Im completely freaked out and now i HAVE to make that appointment this week. What do u think they will do to it? And btw im not in any pain from it atm.

btw , im afraid to brush my front teeth now cuz im afraid it will come out =[

Thank you

Last edited:
I am not an expert, but there may be a reasonable chance it could be restored. However, even though it doesn't hurt, you really must get this seen to. Todays hole is tomorrows toothache and extraction.

The fact that it doesn't hurt is a good sign the damage isn't too extensive and into the pulp of the tooth. Graham is right, the sooner you get it sorted the better- the less work that needs done.

I know it's really hard to make that appointment, but think of all the grief you are causing yourself everyday knowing you have to get your teeth sorted. I used to have nightmares all my teeth fell out, just because I knew something was wrong and couldn't make the appointment.

The hardest part is over- you DID it- you went to the dentist! really, making the first call, then the first appointment and then finding out what needs done- all the unknowns out in the open. Now just one step at a time- start slow- tell the dentist exactly what you are afraid of. Start with the tooth you are most worried about and then realize the relief when it is behind you.................

I seriously doubt your tooth will come out, so go ahead and brush

rp

Last edited:
Problem is, i have medicaid , and for some reason its hard to find a dentist who really cares about my needs and wants to help me with my fear. I guess i just need to pop a few xanax and man up. If millions of others can do it, i guess i can too.

Ive brushed and the tooth is still there thank goodness. I cant make an appointment until tomorrow ( monday ).

Back