• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

When the Dentist removes wrong tooth

S

sparrow13501

What do you do when the dentist is stupid and removes the wrong tooth. I went yesterday - it was horrendous -- can read about it on other thread - - on top of everything else got up this am and discovered - now that the numbing is gone - - the dentist removed the broken tooth and the one behind it -- was supposed to removed broken and one in front of it which would have been a simple extraction -- -one root to that tooth -- the one he took out was a molar with three roots - - all of which broke off and it took him an hour to finally pull all of them out during which the numbing was wearing off and it was very painful --- now I mad -- - he refused to touch the other side of my face that was supposed to be done -- and now i have three teeth instead of two still in my mouth that are infected and need removal --

dont know what I can do now -- i was terrified before -- and this surely did not do anything to augment my trust -- -

what do I do about this please -- it seems so wrong that i am paying for a perfectly healthy tooth to be removed while the infected one is still in there, paying for surgery that was horrendously painful to boot -- geez why me???

Sounds like your dentist is incompetent.

See a lawyer and seek damages/compensation. Report to dental authorities.

What do you do when the dentist is stupid and removes the wrong tooth. I went yesterday - it was horrendous -- can read about it on other thread - - on top of everything else got up this am and discovered - now that the numbing is gone - - the dentist removed the broken tooth and the one behind it -- was supposed to removed broken and one in front of it which would have been a simple extraction -- -one root to that tooth -- the one he took out was a molar with three roots - - all of which broke off and it took him an hour to finally pull all of them out during which the numbing was wearing off and it was very painful --- now I mad -- - he refused to touch the other side of my face that was supposed to be done -- and now i have three teeth instead of two still in my mouth that are infected and need removal --

dont know what I can do now -- i was terrified before -- and this surely did not do anything to augment my trust -- -

what do I do about this please -- it seems so wrong that i am paying for a perfectly healthy tooth to be removed while the infected one is still in there, paying for surgery that was horrendously painful to boot -- geez why me???

Sounds like you should see a lawyer as you are in the USA....this is why they have malpractice insurance. Total incompetence all round.

If you don't want to sue, they should refund ALL your money instead given the horror they put you through. You'd get more if you sued though I expect.
Did you have a treatment plan with the tooth numbers written on it?

If you don't want to sue, the first step is to phone them and tell them and see what they say.