• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My life now with my partial bottom denture

A

afraidofdentists

Well I just had 3 bottom front teeth removed and it was so difficult to decide on doing this! Right before I walked into the oral surgeons office I starred for ever at myself in the mirror contemplating even then if I should do this now or put it off longer! I hate not knowing what is going to be the outcome. Thank God my oral surgeon is awesome he is truly caring something that is hard for me to find in this day in age. I already had one empty space from one bottom front tooth that already had been removed, now the gap makes me look like a freakin vampire! OMG its so scary! I have been kinda havn mini panic attacks out in public I start thinking wierd thoughts like what if I end up in an accident and my partial comes flying out and breaks and leaves me looking horrible while I get another one.. or if I start getting really hungry cause I havent been able to really eat, and I start feelin shaky and I need food fast and I cant just eat what ever fast on the road it has to be soft and kinda mushy and what if I freak out and cant find something quick! My deliema gets worse I havent been officially diagnosed yet with interstial cystitis but I have been treating the symptoms of it...My diet is very limited as it is no acidic foods no harsh meats no condiments and the list goes on and on...Basically it is chronic inflammation of my bladder due to a thinning of the mucosal lining...Soooo this makes sitting in a dental chair stressful too having to pee so much..Anyway with medication I have gotten it under control and I am doing better now I have the further dental issues to deal with. So today I swam with my partial and it was a very wierd experience. I find that I am needing to keep my mouth open alot now and swimming making sure my mouth is always closed was kind of difficult. Also today I tried eating spagetti noodles with light cause and my partial popped out I totally freaked! :o I really am not liking this foreign thing in my mouth I have the temporary and now waiting for metal one while healing..I really hope it is less bulky and less plastic! I really need advice on implant planning my dentist thinks I should just need partials but I dont like this removeable idea I miss my natural teeth the problem was that they were very erupted higher than the others and were uneven and very crocked and hard to keep clean now I have this huge gap :( Anyone feel my pain??:(

I do!!! Its only day 2 for me with bottom partial, upper is 3 days. i have had bananas, jelly, cheesecake and the inside of a baked potato (cooled down). I had to use a pippette to put water on the back of my tongue yesterday just to rehydrate my tongue (during the numbness!!!) Couldn't feel my bottom lip to put a glass on...even with a towel in my lap it went everywhere! Think I've lost a few pounds the last few days!!!! Every time I eat the bottom flips up - dentist told me it would be hard to put in and out - pah! its got a mind of its own. I feel like I'm talking, but my teeth remain clenched together lol, like the chesire cat with only lips that move.

Hi I to have a bottom partial denture. I had five teeth out & my partial denture fitted in January. At first I found it hard to put in but after a few days I managed it now I just pop it in within seconds. I like to wear Snug under mine this was mainly cause at first my gum was quite sore. This also holds it in place really well. But to be honest it stays in place really well. I have to go back in June/July for another one to be made as mine gums would of shrunk.
If I can help you in anyway just ask me. You can send me a private message if you prefere to then talk openly on here.
I love my Partial best thing I did. :)

Hi Karatewomen,

I have to have two front lower teeth and one back lower tooth out in a few weeks and am having a partial denture with four teeth on it, one is to fill a gap from a previous extraction.

I have trawled the net looking for positive comments about having this done and to be honest yours is one of the few I have found. Most comments are about how difficult a lower partial is although mine will have clips on it has freaked me out a bit knowing how much people seem to struggle with them.

I am really worried about getting this done although in some ways it will be a relief to get rid of the two teeth at the front which are loose.

I had the flipper put in on Monday along with upper plates I have to say I do not care for what they call the flipper as it feels like a big glob of plast but am told that the permanent partial will fit much better I also had upper plate put in and honestly as of right now can not put either in as all has to get adjusted as they hurt to much, I am hoping also that someday all will feel good and work good. I hear mixed reviews on the partials, my cousin has had a lower partial for years and has no problems so I think it depends on how ell its made and the dentist fitting it. I'm sure other things also but guess will not know till have them for a while.

Back