• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Braces???

K

K-Bird

It is amazing to me how much can change so fast when you find the right dentist.

By reading my journal, it would be very clear the terror that I felt about going to the dentist...but I found a wonderful dentist and things have changed so much. And in less than 2 months...

Now I am stepping out on a limb again...I am going for an orthodontic consult this coming Tuesday...am I afraid...ya a little..but I have my good old xanax which will help.

Anyway, I am cautiously optimistic about the idea of getting braces--I want them so bad--but I am so afraid of what this new guy is going to say about my teeth---like "no, you need way to much work to get braces anytime soon" etc etc...I'm really afraid that I will just come home crying from shame...(I have a large overbite)...

So, anyway, we will see...I just hope I don't start freaking out on Monday...but I WILL still go...I have found out that it is possible to be the winner if I at least try...

It's possible to have an acceptable looking smile and still have an overbite. Our teeth are rarely together after all. You could straighten the teeth but leave the jaw alone if that was your choice especially as an adult just doing it mainly for cosmetic reasons.
So there may well be more than one way to go - just bear that in mind. How can you make informed decisions if you take Zanax?

Back