• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ive taken a step

T

tiggle

Apologies, I think I posted in the wrong section so have copy/pasted here what I posted yesterday

Copy

Ive tried for ages to pick up the phone and phone a dentist. I feel physically sick when I try. Im agoraphobic and need to get to see a dentist because i have an infection in whats left of a crown and its the first thing on my mind each morning when I wake up and it stays with me all day, every day. i have the phone number of a dentist near to me but he might as well be as far away as the moon. If I could just get there [which would be an ordeal in itself] I know that within half an hour Id be back home and the tooth would be gone. Am totally fed up right now. Ive told myself that tomorrow morning, first thing I will phone him and ask for help but Im worried that when tomorrow comes I will chicken out. That wont help me at all cos it means yet another day of waking up with dread. Im so glad I found this forum because I know Im not alone but right now I feel like I am. Apologies if this is downbeat but at least Ive managed to type how I feel. hugz to you all and thanks for listenning, makes me feel better just to share x

Update for today, well I didnt chicken out and I phoned the dentist this afternoon :) legs shaking though, but he wasnt there and so I have a diary appointment to phone him Monday lunchtime. Fingers crossed I'll stick to it, I have to:cry:

Hi all,is the section above .... 'Panic attacks, panic disorder, agoraphobia and anxiety help' still active? Im not sure if I should post there or here
:( Anyway, just posting thoughts helps a lot. I managed to phone the dentist today and tell them of my problem. Its a massive step for me...they are going to phone me back tomorrow. Ive had a day full of anxiety over just making the call, guess it will be the same tomorrow but its a start. Hugzz

Hi Tiggle
:welcome: back.

The section you mentioned is just an information section, the link to it is here:

You are correct to post in support or if you have a dentistry question in that section.

Thankyou Brit :) I'm new'ish here, even though Ive wandered through the boards for a year or so.
Ive actually made an appointment to see a dentist, next week..even though I'm petrified its another step for me. Not sure if I should start a blog...maybe I will... cos I feel like this is going to be one big journey and someone else may just benefit. I'm taking a night off worrying.
Huggz all x

Hi all, how do I unregister please, thanks

Hi tiggle,
Why do you want to unregister? I'm sorry I don't know how but maybe someone can help you.

I was reading your post and am so glad you made the appt. I have anxiety and panic disorder and i know how hard these types of things are when we have to get things done. My anxiety has been high lately since my tooth issues began and just a couple weeks ago I went to the store alone and had to call my son to come help me pay because I was panicking and couldn't check out.

I had a tooth that had a filling break and it abscessed. I had it pulled on Tuesday with a new dentist I had just met that day. It was difficult just to get myself to go because I was worked up but I'm so glad it is over now and I just need to heal. The dentist did his very best to make it as easy on me as he could.

I hope you stick around and let us know how you are doing.

Back