• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

new to dentures

N

navbride2010

ok so about 2 weeks ago i had all of my horrible teeth removed and im now a denture wearer ughhh

so i was happy to see my new teeth right away my oral surgeon said he couldnt get them in so i went to the place i had them made to have them fixed they made me wait 45 minutes before my husband said enough ! we are leaving. i was still on planet bye bye from the iv sedation. so i waited a week went back and had them fitted only to find they had made the teeth wrong all wrong they are to long with with to much gum and i look like a horse ! this of course made me cry out in the office and cry and cry i already was feeling upset just from being there in the damn dental chair with all the dental stuff around me but then to see myself looking so awful was just something i couldnt handle.

so i have to go back again this week to have new ones made at no charge because they messed up so bad so my question is are dentures always this hard to get right ? and will i look horrible always ? im so worried that i made a mistake or better yet the dentist made a mistake advising me to have them taken out HELP :confused:

All I can say is if this set doesn't look better, maybe if you can afford to, try another office. I've quite a few family members who have them and some are not so great and others look absolutely natural. I have had two partials and had a heck of a time getting a good fit although they both looked ok.

I hope this new set will work out for you! I know how aweful it is to have that much disappointment!

I'm sorry you've had problems with your dentures. In answer to your question..no..they don't all look horrible and once you get them right nobody will even be able to tell you have them. I've had mine 8 months and have had nothing but compliments on them from family and friends. People are probably sick of me walking around SMILING. :)
I do agree with 'scared'..if you still aren't happy with the next pair you might want to try somewhere else if you can afford it. Some places are simply better at making dentures than others.