Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone diagnose this spot on my 2 yr old's gum? PLEASE

Default Re: Can anyone diagnose this spot on my 2 yr old's gum? PLEASE

Hi ... I've had a look at the photo and I'm not concerned by it - it does not look like tooth decay. A bruise/small burst blood vessel looks the most obvious and this is nothing to worry about. If your dentist is concerned by the photo they will ask to see your daughter; but it looks like nothing to be concerned by.
      David Kilroy BSC BDS
      Morningside Dental Clinic
      www.morningsidedentist.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
      Hi ... I've had a look at the photo and I'm not concerned by it - it does not look like tooth decay. A bruise/small burst blood vessel looks the most obvious and this is nothing to worry about. If your dentist is concerned by the photo they will ask to see your daughter; but it looks like nothing to be concerned by.
      Thank you David. Our dentist reported back with the same advice. He said if it's still there after a month, it should probably get looked at.
      I really appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbd View Post
      Thank you all for the responses. My wife called our dentist and asked if we could email him this very picture to get his opinion. So we're waiting to see if it's a concern. I will update once we hear from him.
      It's been a year since you posted, but I'd love to hear what you found out, as my babe has a similar mark. We have an appt next week, but I'd love to hear from you if possible. Thank you!

Whoops, I see posts that clarify what you found out. Somehow I missed them before. Thanks!

Bayley I hope your appointment goes well with your child for you both. I would be interested how you get on and the outcome if you would be so kind.
      Last edited by carole; 1st April 2012 at 23:35.