• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Moral support

A

AnthonyS

Hi everyone. Been a long time lurker here and it's helped me through a lot!

Tomorrow morning I'm facing extraction's for all four of my wisdom teeth under IV sedation. I'm terrified!!! :hidesbehindsofa: I've been through every success story but am still worried... I just hope my experience is as good as everyone else.

Just need some moral support! I've never had an IV let alone IV sedation and am scared of the unknown... :confused: Don't know what it will feel like...

Thanks for the support and I hope I can come back on here early tomorrow afternoon and say that I did it! :party: Just hope I don't chicken out, lol.

Anthony

When I first had IV, I was terrified for my life!!! I had never been so scared and petrified EVER!! So I know exactly where you are on this.

The WORST thing about having an IV is......the waiting and anticipation.

I have had IV three times and I will gladly pay a lot of money to have it. Its the absolute best way to have teeth done.

A tiny scratch in the back of the hand...wait for a few seconds...suddenly feel a little drunk (which is not unpleasent and lasts a second)...open eyes and everything done!!! No sensations, feelings or memory of the whole thing.

Its awesome!!

Thanks for the kind words GrahamDee, I hope my experience is as good as yours!

Well I head out to the dentist in about an hour.... Terrified!! :scared:

Wish me luck everyone...

Anthony

Hi AnthonyS :welcome:nice to meet you good luck for tomorrow.

Dave.:)

Just want to wish you the best for tomorrow. I'm sure you will be very pleased with the experience. While I've only had Oral sedation I can tell you that it is very much like GrahamDee described. One minute I'm waiting for the effects of the medication and then it seems as though the visit is over. I have very hazy recollections but nothing scary or painful. My first visit I remembered hearing "Are you ready" and the only other thing I remember is hearing "you did great." Then I came home and made a bunch of calls, chatted with my husband, took a 3 hour nap and woke up remembering none of it. LOL! Hubby found me quite funny. :giggle:

You'll do great!:)

Take care,
Pam

i thinking of you and sending you a hug so be brave, good luck, and i cant wait to read your story afterwards showing it went fab !! best of luck and stay strong, you can do this ! :grouphug:

Well I'm back from having 4 wizzies taken out under IV sedation and like everyone said, it was a breeze!!! Needle went in, felt nice and woozy :sleepyjuice:then bye-bye I was out! :cloud9:

Thanks for everyone's kind comments! It really helped :grouphug:

Now just changing up the gauze and icing my face. Will post something in the success stories section!

Thanks again everyone!

Anthony :cheers:

Woohoo! I'm glad you had such a great experience!