• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

broken tooth down to the gumline and the gum is growing over and it hurts!!

T

Terese2738

My second to last molar has broke too just a tad below the gum line and the gum is starting to grow over it and the tooth that is left is pokeing the gum and is really really painful,not to mention the actual nerve and root that are killing me as well. The whole rest of the tooth is loose when I wiggle it but not ready to come out....its so painful its rubbing and pokeing my gum raw.....I see other post about the gum growing over but nothing with pain :(..I have had to impacted exstractions for my L and R molars done and a root canal on my top right...so I kone the extent of what needs to be done,my question is what will be done differently this time since the gum is growing over? Please help

Re: broken tooth down to the gumline and the gum is growing over and it hurts!!

I'm not a dentist but as you have had no reply, I would guess it won't be much different, they might need to prise part of the gum out of the way that's all. You will be numb so it won't make any difference to you, if cutting is involved, you would be stitched up afterwards so again healing should be straightforward. Remember gum tissue is always involved in any kind of extraction and it heals quite quickly afterwards in general.

Back