• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New denture wearer

S

Stovonia1

Hi.
I got my teeth pulled and dentures immediately put in on Saturday. I am in a lot of pain. The dentist gave me Ibuprofen 600mg. I have tried heat, ice, and just keep walking the floors. I went today and had a small adjustment, but this has not really helped. Where the teeth were pulled, it feels compacted when I bite down, is this normal? I don't really know anything. I just keep tell myself it will get better. I know that in the long run that this will be worth it, but right now I am going to go insane. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

• :censored::confused:

Call the dentist and tell him the pain is out of control. Ibuprofen only? really that's cruel..........Call him now.

Thank you. I called the after hour number and there is no dentist on call. I took one of my norco pills that my husband had from his surgery. But all I know is, I need a good night sleep. Haven't had one since Thursday. I have tried warm salt water, but that only works for a little while. not sure what to do.

And only 600? I had 800's and a narcotic. That's just not right. Need to get something strong for the first few days.

Edit: Did you just take one Ibuprofen or does it say you can take it 3 times a day? If you're throbbing that's the best thing to have.

See a dentist and get meds

Pain is not good

Well, I called the dentist this afternoon, after having a total melt-down last night. I told them I was in a lot of pain, and needed something done. I have an appointment Tuesday for a softliner. I put adhesive on the bottom, in the back so that way they are not rubbing so much, plus put a glob on the upper roof so it is stuck to the roof of my mouth. Everything feels weird but at least I am not in pain and was able to eat something today not just water and sherbert.

See, even though I didn't get my dentures right after extractions (I got them 5 months later after my gums healed...way after they healed).

I'm lucky because they fit and don't hurt.

But you've already got me beat, I haven't figured out how to eat anything with them yet. ;)

Anyway, yes, after full extractions it feels pretty bad. It's a big deal and a lot of trauma. You need more than ibuprofen. It's completely silly that they gave you nothing else.

Try to use a little adhesive. It really does help and then remember little bits on each side and chew up and down, not back and forth. IT takes some getting used to but last night I had a peanut butter and Seedless Strawberry Jelly sandwich, and today a grilled cheese. I really enjoyed reading your diary. I am glad I was loopy when I got mine pulled, They had given me Xanax. I also listened to my mp3 player, really helps because I could concentrate on the music not what was happening. Hang in there, you will get everything figured out. Today I am doing a lot better. And it is only day 5. I went back to work today and everything.

• ;D

Awesome that you're doing better!

Why does everyone enjoy my journal so much? It's like pages and pages of me whining. :)

I did figure out how to eat today, I used a little adhesive on the lowers and I just kind of naturally did it right after that. Just carefully.

Now how to get them out (yes, they're stuck).

Swish warm water. Then I Lift from both sides using my fingers, and be prepared for glue left on gums. Then I rinse with warm water, and I uses my fingernail to get the goo off. Make sure to rinse and brush all the glue off dentures before you put them in the bathe tonight and leave them. Just put as little adhesive as you need. I think it really helps on the bottom. Well glad you ate something today. Start slow. It does get easier according to my father in law. Hope you had a good day.

Back