• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

how will this turn out? :(

Y

youngtoothless

last monday, i went to the dentist to have my teeth checked because my left front tooth cracked right at the back (it's not visible in the front). my right front tooth is already on partial denture since i was in sixth grade. the dentist saw how decaying my three remaining front teeth are so she advised i had them pulled out and be replaced with partial removable dentures. i'm only 21 years old. i am scared to death. i do know that this will be for the better. please help me. the dentist also advised me to have those implants once i get older. is this okay?:shame::cry: she already fitted me for dentures and i am scheduled to have my dentures on this coming monday.

Last edited:
Is there really no hope in saving those front teeth? I would ask your dentist if there's any chance you could save those front teeth.
I think dentist suggest implants because they are more like natural teeth, so I think easier to get used to?????
I'm sure people with more experience in that area than me will chime in and give you advice.
Yes, you are young but unfortunately, sometimes people have bad teeth no matter how much they care of them.
My son, who is the same age as you, has very weak enamel on his teeth....... his dentist doesn't know why, the dentist guesses that's just the way he was born.
He's got to be careful with the foods he eats and drinks........nothing too acidic or sugary.
He uses MI paste to strengthen his enamel.
Wish you all the best,
Jen
BTW, welcome!!:)

Assuming you can afford to pay for treatment, I would look into saving the teeth with root canals before looking to extract them. (You may need an endodontist for this rather than a General dentist).

Implants are great in theory but expensive; and while you are 'saving up', your bone is disappearing once the tooth has been removed. So keep the teeth for as long as you can until you can afford the implants.
A second opinion can never hurt where losing your front teeth is concerned. There is always more than one way of treating a situation and often your budget will determine which option you choose but best be aware of all the options, not just the ones this particular dentist can carry out herself.
Best wishes...don't be rushed into a decision. Put your appt back while you get an endo's opinion maybe?

Hey
I would get a second opinion.

my father's bloodline is very weak when it comes to talk about dental matters, i think that's where i got this problem. they wouldn't agree to root canal because adding so called jackets to the teeth will wear off (discolour, etc) after sometime- i get their point with that. and my dad have all his teeth in dentures that's why he's very much into this option. what should i do? i only follow what he says because he pays for my treatment. :(

my father's bloodline is very weak when it comes to talk about dental matters, i think that's where i got this problem. they wouldn't agree to root canal because adding so called jackets to the teeth will wear off (discolour, etc) after sometime- i get their point with that. and my dad have all his teeth in dentures that's why he's very much into this option. what should i do? i only follow what he says because he pays for my treatment. :(

Maybe you need a different dentist but if front teeth are savable with root canals and crowns, that is likely going to be cheaper than implants and it preserves your own teeth - you may need implants years down the line when you are very old and when the technology will be even better. The thing about caps wearing off sounds like rubbish to me but I am not a dentist.
Endos enjoy saving teeth, you need to see one. Tell your Dad technology has moved on, it's the 21st Century teeth can be saved at a fairly reasonable cost but not all dentists are skilled enough to do it.
A good endo could refer you back to a dentist he trusts to do the restorations. Also bear in mind that you can stage the work somewhat, get the root canals make sure they have settled and then do the crowns. It doesn't all have to be done at once.

that's true but he won't listen. :( oh well. goodbye 3 (remaining)front teeth on monday :(

You are 21, no one can force you to do anything you do not want to do.

he actually does. funny how by now, we both realized how it's really not about the teeth, it's about the relationship. tss.

Back