• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What work have you had done on your teeth ever?

Fillings, crowns(4), bridge, wisdom teeth removal

few fillings as a kid, including a baby root. 2 fillings, a few scale and polishes so far.

Still to go... root canal, crown and mouth guard fitting.

I did not have any fillings when I was a child, I used a manual toothbrush when I was a child.

I dread going to the dentist each time, but know any problems with my fillings, teeth sooner fixed the better,

treatment for dental abcesses, in 2015 and 2016, but needed a re-done root canal, and whatever fillings as well what I forgot about during age 18 to 33, one tooth taken out in 2006 as I could not afford it as I saw an emergecy dentist at the pratice I attend who were not my reguarly one wanted £500 to fix the problem with a root canal,

I got pretty bad toothache and had 4 fillings when I was 11 years old in my first molars, they told me the cavities were really deep and I was lucky I didn't need root canals - that scared me into taking much better care of my teeth (for a while, at least).

When I was 13 I had 3 of those teeth extracted for braces (they figured they may as well remove the already damaged teeth).

Left home at 18 and went to university - ate rubbish and didn't take proper care of my teeth. Didn't register with a dentist.

Got toothache at 24 and had to go to a dentist - another massive filling, narrowly avoiding a root canal, and another 3 fillings to join it.

Avoided the dentist for another 6 years or so, one of the heavily filled teeth broke, forcing me to go to a dentist. Fixed with another filling. Surprisingly, no new cavities.

Now 35, just had another tooth break and refilled, and a new filling. So now I have 6 pretty deep fillings, and have narrowly missed several root canals. :redface:

Just a random thing, post what work you ha e had done on your teeth and about how old u were when u had it done:)
I had the last 15 teeth pulled in 2015 and had immediate dentures put in. I was 64

Back