• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help

S

Stovonia1

I have had my immediate dentures for 5 days now. I am wondering how long until I can go to bed with out them. My mouth is sore and needs a break. Please if you know the answer please let me know. Each dentist at the office gives me different answers. It is too late for me to call them tonight. Please help in need of a good night sleep.:censored:

Okay so I am in tremendous amount of pain right now. I slept with my teeth in. But last night I decided not to glue them in. Big mistake I only have gotten about 5 hours of sleep. I hurt so bad right now. I just glued the bottom in. There is a piece of bone or something right at where the Eye teeth are, It hurts so bad to bite down to lock everything in place. I really do not see how I am going to make it to Tuesday. I am ready to pull my hair out. This is just as bad as having a really toothache. Not sure what to do right now. If any one has suggestions please let me know. i really am willing to try anything. In so much pain ready to go CRAZY.:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

There is absolutely no reason to sleep with your dentures in if you don't want to , whatever your dentist may be telling you. If your dentist is really telling you that you have to wear them 24/7 then he or she has no idea which way is up. Take the buggers out and treat yourself to a decent night's sleep !

John

Thanks John-
The dentist I think said this because they are immediate dentures. Since I just had 17 teeth pulled last Saturday. After I glued them in took 1000mg of Ibuprofen I got another couple hours of sleep. From what I read on the internet I should keep them in for the first 14 days and only take them out to rinse with salt water. Thank you again. I am going to run into the dentist and find out the real scope today not just talk to a receptionist.
:)

Finally found out can sleep without them, the pain is mostly caused because have bone fragments trying to work way out. Have appointment Tuesday. Well have adjustment and get things figured out more. At least should get a good night sleep. Thanks everyone for your concern.

Thanks John-
The dentist I think said this because they are immediate dentures. Since I just had 17 teeth pulled last Saturday. After I glued them in took 1000mg of Ibuprofen I got another couple hours of sleep. From what I read on the internet I should keep them in for the first 14 days and only take them out to rinse with salt water. Thank you again. I am going to run into the dentist and find out the real scope today not just talk to a receptionist.
:)
Do NOT take 1000mgs of ibuprofen unless you are looking for a kidney transplant. This is too much better to take a narcotic for a few days. Go back to the dentist for an adjustment and perhaps a temporary soft reline.

I would take a narcotic but my dentist only gave me 600mg Ibuprofen and then I take 2 gel Ibuprofen to help it, so that way I am out of pain.

this may be too late, but definately take them out if it feels right for u to do so!
Dentists tell each individual a story of what ought to be done - basically, read what people do on here...I'm not knocking dental advice, but after all they DON'T wear them!
Its what you feel comfortable with.

I was told to wear them one night, then take them out every night.
I couldn't, and went wearing them 2 weeks ish sleeping in them...then blimey - it was a relief not to have them in! Do what feels right - your body - your rules!

Back