• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth broken off at gumline

R

RayRay

One of my upper front teeth has broken off at the gumline. It needs to be extracted but I am terrified of the procedure next week. A small amount of tooth on one side is above the gum. Can it be simply extracted?
:redface:

Yes, extracting such a broken tooth is a fairly routine process. Many dentists say that it's actually easier as you don't have the crown (the visible part of the tooth) getting in the way.

It's a common and understandable misconception that a broken tooth is difficult to extract, since most of us are still mentally living in the age when teeth were literally pulled out - that's not how it's done these days ! :)

John

Many thanks for your comments. I had the root extracted today - it took about one minute with no problems. Great forum.:)

Excellent, glad to hear it ! :jump:

I didn't want to go into too much detail last week about how they extract teeth, just in case it got you worried - I assume you know now though. ;D

John

hi i live in milton keynes to did you see my post waht dentsit do you go to

hi i live in milton keynes to did you see my post waht dentsit do you go to

Not sure I saw your original post, but anyway I go to Stantonbury Dental Suite. My family have been patients there for about 25 years.

John

Back