• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Side fillings??

J

JJ08

I need a side filling in one of my front teeth and I'm so scared :/ I want to make an appointment but I know I won't be able to go through with it :/.

I don't think it's that big of a filling... Has anyone else has a filling on the side of the tooth? How long did it take? What was it like?

I have a sedation appointment booked for September for a few procedures but I want to try and get this done before it gets worse :/.

Sorry for the rant! Any help would be really appreciated.
:(

Composites placed on the side of a tooth is one of the easiest and fastest restorations that I perform. Only problems might be if the caries extends under the gumline.

By a "side" filling do you mean "in-between" the teeth? I have had this procedure done many times and it is no different than getting a "regular" filling. Either way you should be completely numb for the procedure so you shouldn't feel anything...other than that, the sights and sounds are the same. I have not had experience with having front teeth filled so I can't comment on that but it shouldn't be very different from any other filling you've had placed. If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer them though. Best of luck!

Back