• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone have bridge on upper front teeth?

W

Worldsbiggestbaby

I've been missing a couple of front teeth since childhood. There is not a gap because my mouth was already overcrowded and the other teeth moved to fill the space. However, the teeth are large and unsightly, not to mention a lot of decay at this point. My dentist is recommending extracting the two front teeth and putting crowns on the adjoining teeth. Has anyone ever done this before - a bridge on the upper front teeth? Were you happy with your decision? I'm wondering about several things....the longevity of the bridge considering you use your front teeth to bite...the look of the bridge, did the teeth look natural compared to the other teeth in your mouth? Does it hurt to have a temporary put in where you just had extractions? What is the process like of having the temporary bridge removed to put in the permanent bridge? Does that hurt?:cry:

I'd like to hear from people about this as well.

Anyone, anyone ? :)

I would recommend that you have your dentist make an impression of your teeth and then do a diagnostic wax-up of the proposed new teeth. This is commonly done for aesthetic cases. The dentist can then duplicate the wax-up in your mouth during the temporization. This gives you a chance to see the basic shape that he is proposing to do in your mouth before it is finished.

I just finished a case for 10 teeth and I am starting another one in a month. I find that the time it takes to do a proper wax-up is well worth it anytime a change is being made of any significance.

Back