• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Numbness not going away

V

Vertex

Hey, I've had a root canal treatment done this morning and my dentist gave me lots of LA as the tooth just wouldn't get numb for ages. I have a feeling that she gave me too much as its been 5 hours and the numbness won't go away! Its not even getting any less numb. The strange thing is that I can feel my teeth and my tongue, its just my cheek and lips that are numb.
Im very nervous about this as Ive had LA many times before and it never lasted this long! Does anyone know how long should the LA be in effect for and what are the possile causes of the numbness not going away?

Hi :) I would not be too concerned just yet that the numbing hasn't completely worn off. Due to the fact that you needed several injections to get numb, it is probably going to take longer for the LA to wear off. I have had many procedures and when I have needed additional LA, it seems that my chin and cheeks take the longest to get back to normal.

Hey, thank you for the answer)
Its been ages now and it only started to get less numb 30 mins ago! So hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow))

Back