• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

did it!!...but need some aftercare advice

S

scaredyca

Hi all,

On tuesday this week I confronted a major fear. I had to have a front tooth out and a partial immediate denture fitted. The plate has 2 teeth on as I lost a side one the other year.
First time I had ever had one extracted without sedation and although traumatic, I did it!!

My main concern now is infection etc. The dentist put some stuff in the hole where the tooth was and it was an immediate denture, so sort of feels protected.

Ive been soaking the denture overnight with steradent and cleaning my teeth as usual (although very gingerly) and using a salt water rinse afterwards. Then when I have lunch and dinner, Im using Corsodyl.
So, am rinsing 4 times a day.
Do I need to do anything else with the denture? Is the overnight soaking all I need to do? I got a denture brush, but havent really used it.

Also, what do people do when they are out? If Im supposed to rinse the plate after food, how will I manage that in a public bathroom? Its ok at work as there is a sink in the toilet, but where its seperate and in a public place then what do I do?

I just need some advice about all this please?

If you use the denture brush at all, just give them a brush under the tap before you pop them in the Steradent - that's all I do.

Don't fret about rinsing them after eating if it isn't convenient. You'll soon get fed up of doing it !

John

Back