• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What to eat with no teeth....

Just left a message on your blog hun.....I'm having iv sedation tomorrow and have heard sooo many good things about it, my consultant was very good and explained everything that is going to happen. He said that the extractions will be really easy because there is nothing holding my teeth in:) It does help when you find a dentist you trust, mine made me relax as soon as I walked through the door, he is so friendly, smiles all the time and takes the time to explain everything and answered all my questions. I never felt "rushed" when I have been to see him. I think I LOVE my dentist :giggle: but that could all change tomorrow:rolleyes: x Dee x

Got your message.... and verified it.

Waiting anxiously to hear how you're going.... How are you doing? Feeling?

Fingers crossed it went ok for you Dee. :XXLhug:

Well the deed is done:thumbsup: I feel surprisingly good. Taking pain killers but only to keep things at bay, not really in pain just a bit sore but that's to be expected:) The iv sedation was good but didn't get the out of it feeling that a lot of members say they had. I was awake, I was aware, I didn't feel a thing, I didn't see anything nasty:o I kept my eyes closed:giggle: I can remember everything but was never uncomfortable or nervoous. 28 teeth out in 60 minutes. Brill:jump: Eating ok, blending everything..hubby made chicken stew with veg and potatoes and I blended mine, lovely. Now, looking in the mirror is strange, but, not as bad as I thought I would look. Got stitches all over top and bottom but not really bothering me.1 BIG STEP OF MY JOURNEY OVER, 6 WEEKS WITHOUT TEETH NOW:censored: BUT WHATS SIX WEEKS OUT OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Take care and I hope you are all doing well on your personal journeys x Dee x

:jump:
YAY!! Glad it went well for you. But not asleep? :cry: I dunno if I could handle that. Kinda freaks me out a bit. But you were calm? Relaxed? Not uptight, a wee bit nervous or anxious.... ?

So glad everything is going well. So did you have impressions done for dentures before your teeth were pulled or will that be done when your gums are healed? o_O

I spooked myself watching denture videos on youtube. :redface: I'm scared again.

I was very nervous and anxious when I went in but as soon as they administered the iv I relaxed and honestly was not at all nervous. My dentist talked to me all the way through and told me what he was doing, not graphically:o just like I am moving to your left side now. When he said only 2 more to go I couldn't believe how quick it was. I'm back at the dentist on the 13th september, I'm assuming for impressions but not quite sure:giggle: These will be my first impressions. x Dee x

I'm assuming for impressions but not quite sure These will be my first impressions
Ok.. because my partner was under the impression (no pun intended)... :p... that they would need the "teeth" to know the depth? What if they put teeth in that are longer than what you had before and you bite down funny? LOL!!!

Know what I mean? o_O

Believe me I wouldn't want my old teeth back:o I will not accept anything that is not right for my mouth/face but she knows that. The good thing about not having immediates in is the dentures can be made of wax first and tried in the mouth and any adjustments made to them before the permanent dentures are made so if I don't like the wax ones they keep altering them until I do;D x Dee x

Did you see the post I made? Got a youtube link to how dentures are made...

It's pretty cool! And seems like such a long process. :)

This is so cool...the first dentures, the soft wax ones with teeth are the ones I'll try first to see if they look/fit ok;D and then the permanents will be made from them. x Dee x

Well the deed is done:thumbsup: I feel surprisingly good. Taking pain killers but only to keep things at bay, not really in pain just a bit sore but that's to be expected:) The iv sedation was good but didn't get the out of it feeling that a lot of members say they had. I was awake, I was aware, I didn't feel a thing, I didn't see anything nasty:o I kept my eyes closed:giggle: I can remember everything but was never uncomfortable or nervoous. 28 teeth out in 60 minutes. Brill:jump: Eating ok, blending everything..hubby made chicken stew with veg and potatoes and I blended mine, lovely. Now, looking in the mirror is strange, but, not as bad as I thought I would look. Got stitches all over top and bottom but not really bothering me.1 BIG STEP OF MY JOURNEY OVER, 6 WEEKS WITHOUT TEETH NOW:censored: BUT WHATS SIX WEEKS OUT OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

You are so brave! I admire your positive attitude! keep us posted! :jump:

Dee, do you work?
Because if I have to go 6 weeks without teeth, I KNOW I cannot go to work and I work full-time o_O

Read your posts and I feel a little more comfortable about my upcoming procedure. I hope that I can be a brave as you.

Well its day three and I can't believe how good I feel:jump: I will not let this get me down, I know that when my journey is over the end result will be sooo worth it, I am worth it;D

45andAfraid yes I do work full time but same as you I will not be going to work until I have teeth:censored: I work in customer services so that is not an option. I have saved a couple of weeks holidays for this the the rest of the time will have to be off sick, I am not going to worry about work, I am more important:)

countryboy46420....Anyone can be as brave as me:giggle: believe me the waiting is the worse part, you will be fine,you are worth it and keep focussing on the end result x

d717.....you have to stay positive. I am so proud of myself for doing this, I'm not proud that I let things go this far but I could have done nothing, this decision was MY decision and now I will deal with the consequences:censored: So far so good:) x Dee x

I'm so very happy for you Dee. Glad it went ok and you arn't suffering.
All my best and regards to the cook (hubby). :)

I'm still a little sore myself trying to harden my gums, but have no problems. 1st November isn't far now and I'm looking forward to chomping through half the worlds menu. And those Bourbon creams. ;)

All the best Dee x

Hi Colin and thank you for your support. I'm not expecting it to be plain sailing all the way but hey why the goings good:thumbsup: Sat here drinking really cold pineapple juice with NO PAIN because of my sensitive teeth, HEAVEN :) Not chewing food yet just sort of using my tongue and roof of my mouth :giggle: Not been out yet but have got to go to doctors tomorrow:o Scarf at the ready:censored: Keep dreaming about those bourbons, x Dee x

Thanks Dee...You are my hero! BTW my name is Dee too :) I went today for the impressions and did it without the drugs...I am proud of that...I just kept telling myself that I won't die and I wanted to be able to go to work afterwards so I just didnt take the meds. I was shaking really bad and the tears were falling but I didn't gag too bad and it was over pretty fast. Now tomorrow is the consult with the surgeon...I can't believe I am going through with this. I did take a pill last night because I couldn't stop the panic attacks and knew I wouldn't sleep if I didn't. I am nervous about tomorrow because now this is another doctor that I haven't met before. Anyway, congrats to you! I am proud of you and will be thinking about your words tomorrow...I am doing this for me! and I am worth it...maybe if I keep saying it I will start to feel that way... Take care :) Dee2

Dee2...love it. You should be sooo proud of yourself, no gagging (MUCH), no drugs, go girl:jump::jump::jump:
Look how far you've come since your first post on this thread. You are worth it and you WILL do it;D

Want to hear something funny, I design downloadable craft sheets to make greeting cards and I have been asked to feature in a magazine to promote the site. They want me to do an exclusive design, a 250 word feature about myself and.....wait for it, A RECENT PHOTOGRAPH:ROFLMAO: X Dee X

Woo hoo!! you are famous! So are you brave enough for a gummy grin? What date do you get your perly whites again? That is so cool! Tell 'em to show ya the $$... Kidding! thanks for the support. I am feeling a tad more confident in this decision. I actually told a co-worker today. She was supportive. I felt like she was staring at my mouth though. I kinda wish I was in a position that I could take this time off and heal...but that is not the case. In fact, I am worried because I do alot of public speaking and well...that should be interesting. My boss knows though and is willing to have someone do the events until I am comfortable. Anyway, Congrats! And I am so glad you are doing so well! Take care, Dee2 :giggle:

a 250 word feature about myself and.....wait for it, A RECENT PHOTOGRAPH
Ok that was funny! Nice way to start my friday morning... Dee that's too funny!

Now... WAIT FOR IT! I'm a Dee as well :)

Oh and I got so excited when you said you could drink a cold drink without pain... OMG I can't wait to feel NO pain from cold liquids... I MISS cold drinks.

Still a bit nervous and scared but you just keep throwing those positives this way and me and Dee2 will be good to go. Still petrified of impressions and still concerned I might not be able to handle dentures. :hmm:

Glad to hear you're doing well. :jump:

Back