• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What to eat with no teeth....

Oh this is brilliant....the three Dee's:ROFLMAO:

Dee2 Famous, I don't think so, can you imagine me with my gummy smile :giggle: dare I :hmm:.Well done you on telling your co-worker, I found that once I had made the decision to sort this out I told anyone who would listen:) It does help.

Dee3 Yes cold drinks are the best thing ever :) I used to have to use a straw before because of the pain but not anymore, it's heaven :innocent: I have my first impressions done on 13th september so will let you know exactly what it's like.

take care DEE DEE'S bed time for me now. Nite, Nite x Dee x

:hmm:wondering if there should be a study on being a Dee and having bad teeth? Woo-hoo! the "Dee amigos" in "3 Dee" ? ok so maybe the valium is making me a little wacky :giggle: ---------->going to go to bed now...another big day tomorrow....the dreaded surgeon consult...bleck:sick:

Woo-hoo! the "Dee amigos" in "3 Dee" ?
I literally LOL'd and I'm at work :ROFLMAO: Too funny!!!

Good luck tomorrow Dee2!!:XXLhug:

Thanks D3 ;) I just subscribed to your blog...proud of you! I am excited to watch your videos. I know what young woman you are talking about on youtube. I watched a bunch of her videos..she is quite the inspiration.
Anyway...I am still awake...had a little panic tonight thinking about tomorrow. I took a pill and tried to go to sleep but just lie there and panic. Not gonna be a good night :(

Awwhh thanks for subscribing..... ya know I did a test video to see what I would look like and i'm utterly ashamed of my teeth :censored::cry: So I don't know if I'll be able to do it but I need to.

I think you'll be ok. Before I had to fly for the first time I had massive panic attacks. But then again I prepared myself for 2 years to get over some of the insecurities attributing to them. I was so afraid to fly that I would lie awake at night and cry. What I learned from the whole entire experience is that the anxiety/anticipation/fear that we feel before hand is the absolute worst part of everything. Until you are IN the plane and IN the air, does the fear slowly subside. On my fear of flying forum it's known as AA.

We tend to fear the unknown... I think I could have blown up a million balloons a week before my first flight with all the deep breath inhales and exhales I've done! :giggle:

I'll be watchin out for ya! Cheers mate! :XXLhug:

Well either way, if you do the videos or not, I'm glad to have subscribed to your blog. I've only been on this site for a short time but it has helped me so much, just to know that I am not alone, and not a freak of nature! I totally understand being ashamed, as that is one of my biggest issues with getting this done. Maybe someday we can skype or something and try that out. I don't know, as soon as I typed that I had a wave of nerves...anyway, it's something to think about.
I have had panic attacks since I can remember, probably high school age. They were pretty bad in college, and then subsided for a while. I've been in therapy for a long time, and that has really helped with managing them. I guess it is discouraging because they are back and full force lately with this new endevour with my teeth. I knew that this mission of getting my mouth healthy would be a huge one. You are right, the panic is worse before the situation. I am going today to the consult. The fear is there, but so far not as bad as last night. Now, hopefully I can get some work done today before my appt at 4pm. Talk to you soon! D:XXLhug:

HowDee you two....I have subscribed aswell :jump:

Well day 4 yesterday and I went out:censored: only to the doctors but it's a start:giggle: My daughter picked me up and I was armed and ready with my fancy scarf around my neck ready to pull around my mouth........well, we got out of the car at the surgery and you know what, I couldn't be bothered to cover up:) and, nobody stared at me like I was an alien or something:jump: Was so funny talking to the doctor though:ROFLMAO: The appointment wasn't tooth related but thats all we talked about, he asked how many I'd had taken out, when I told him 28, all at once he nearly fell off his chair, and he said, "If I was having that many out they'd have to put me to sleep first" So, it's not just us mear mortals who are afraid of the dentist:scared:

Dee2...I have taken before, during and will take after photo's too. Our teeth are/were bad that's why we are embarking on these "epic" journeys. You must do it for "you" and think of all the people you will help along the way. It does help (believe me) to know that people are taking this road with you and supporting you all the way:jump:

Dee3...How did the consult go? Hope it wasn't as bad as you thought:XXLhug: I found that every step I took was worse in my mind than it actually was:)

Day 5...mouth still ok, little bit tender but that's to be expected. Big day today!! My friends are coming to see me:o I banned them till today:giggle: No doubt there will be loads of laughter (gummy on my part) but hey, they are my friends and have supported me all the way so far:XXLhug:

Remember, we are the 3Deegrees and we will get through this together x Dee x

Ok so who's Dee2 and who's Dee3? LOL!! Guess I'll be Dee3. ;D

Wow! so you went out in public? Can I ask how much different your facial features look? I mean, I remember seeing my grandmother without teeth (and my own mum). I'm so scared of that part of it.

Are you still doing ok with foods? I think about you and talk to my partner about you all the time and I get these moments where I just can't wait to get rid of all mine now.

So did you choose to wait 6 weeks before impressions? I don't understand the reasoning behind Dee2 and your decisions.

I think that I would prefer to go your route and wait 6 weeks, then get the dentures rather than go for extra fittings.

What I think....

Wait 6 weeks, gums heal, harden, denture fitting only once and permanent. Impressions only once?

Impressions immediately following extraction for temporaries but have to go back for more impressions as gums heal and the swelling goes down for permanent dentures. Would rather have first option.

Wondering why you all chose the options you did?

Dee, hope the visit with your friends went well! It's super great to have such supportive friends!

Confusing isn't it:)

Right here goes....I didn't get to choose whether to have immediates or not, it wasn't an option for me but the dentist explained that she likes her patients to wait 6 weeks before the "new smile" is fitted to give the gums time to heal/harden. I was ok with this....when I had my teeth extracted I did say to my hubby that I am glad I didn't have them in straight away because my gums were sore and swollen. :censored: When you get immediates your impressions are done before your teeth are removed, then the teeth are made ready for your e-day, you have your teeth out and the immediates put in straight after, ouch. Please ask your dentist all these questions. You have got to make the decision that is best for you:XXLhug:

I am still eating/drinking well, I love my blender:jump: I blend EVERYTHING, had braised steak,mash and mushy peas yesterday, yummy:giggle:

I look a bit different, to me my lips look smaller (told hubby I want fillers to pump them out) but my friends say that I don,t look that different and to be honest I feel healthier, if that makes sense. One of my friends has had her "new smile" since she was 16, she's 55 now and NOBODY has seen her without teeth, ever:) Well, she came to see me yesterday and......she took her teeth out:ROFLMAO:. I nearly cried when she did it, I know that it was really hard for her to do bless her.

You need to stay positive whichever way you decide to go. I am determined that nothing is going to get me down.....I am a firm believer that you can choose your mood and I choose to be happy, these things happen, you can't turn the clock back and change them, it's happened so you deal with it, you have the choice whether to let this consume you or do something about it, I chose to do something about it, not to stay hidden inside this shell that is not really me and believe me, even without my teeth at the moment, I feel so much better about myself than I have for years....and if I feel like this now imagine how I'll feel when I get my "new smile" :jump::jump::jump:

x Dee x

I admire you, I really do! You have a way of making me excited about having my teeth out that I literally can't wait to get to my second consultation. And for that, I have to say thanks! :XXLhug:

We went to the grocery store today and going up and down isles and I'm pointing out things I'll be getting and eating - oatmeal, milo cups, jello, yogurt, point out this and that. I was getting excited.

I hope my dentist will recommend to me how it was done for you. Actually I might bring it up. I really think I would prefer to wait and let my gums heal before I get impressions. I would rather go through one bout of choking on the goop, not twice. :rolleyes:

Thanks for having such a great spirit about it because it certainly helps people like us that haven't had to go through it yet.

Just thought i'd let you know I went out again today:) I went to my younger sisters and my middle sister was there too, I actually did my hair, put some nice clothes on, and....make up including lippy:ROFLMAO: Looked good, felt good and had a glass of wine to celebrate:sleepyjuice:I am on :cloud9: at the moment, why, I don't know because I've got no teeth:confused: but I just feel soo good. Weird or what :) x Dee x

It sounds like you enjoyed your weekend :) I am so proud of you. I am just trying to take a little of your positive attitude and push myself to get through this...It isn't the end of the world and everytime we make it one step further it seems that the panic lessens a little tiny bit. I have to drop off my xrays this am at the dentist. No appt, but I need to ask them some questions...just driving there, opening the door, I used to need medicine...it does get better....and You helped me to see that! Thanks:XXLhug:

Well 1 week since e-day and I'm still doing fine;) I am soo in love with my blender right now, bacon and eggs yesterday, Mmmm :giggle: Mouth is still a little bit sore but bearable, think it will be better when the stitches are out but everything looks ok in there. I get my impressions done on thursday 15th :) I am glad that these threads are helping people to take this journey a little easier, honestly, for me the worrying about what was going to happen was 1000 times worse than the actual treatment. You really do need a positive attitude and you can get through anything :thumbsup: BIG :XXLhug: to all those who need them x Dee x

Gosh you guys are so great! I admire you both so much. I still feel like such a little chicken. It helps so much to read your stories. I am opting for the immediates. My dentist would do either, but for me I just couldn't go without teeth. Part of my phobia has to do with the gums...long story that someday I am sure I will share...at least with you two! So anyway, that wasn't even an option for me. They say that the immediate dentures act as a bandaid...I don't know...it will probably hurt like hell! Well, I am going to bed. Have a good night. Good luck on your impressions..D3 (right?) and happy healing D1...blended bacon and eggs huh?

Question for you both...or anyone else for that matter...Are you guys finding yourself dreaming about teeth? I am having the weirdest dreams...not like normal teeth falling out dreams...like dreams that I have vampire teeth etc..:confused:

Are you guys finding yourself dreaming about teeth? I am having the weirdest dreams...not like normal teeth falling out dreams...like dreams that I have vampire teeth etc..:confused:
I posted somewhere that I dreamt I had braces but instead of the rubber bands I had hydrolics! But yeah, i dream about teeth ALL the time.... my teeth that is. ALL. THE. TIME.

I'm obsessed with teeth because mine are so bad, I get jealous of nice teeth and gums. :shame:

Ok. got my x-rays.... was fast in and out literally in 15 mins with x-rays in hand. But read my lastest blog post as I've updated the X-rays in 2 Hours post.... I had a wee bit of trouble with the x-ray technician. :mad:

But you did it and you stood up for yourself! Amazing! Great job!;D I dream about teeth alot too...and yeah especially since starting on this journey...it seems its all I think about. one thing that has helped me is to tell people about it. Which surprised me because I am so ashamed that i never thought I would, but everytime I do open up and tell people I trust, they are supportive and seem to understand my fears...even though I still think they have NO idea! Anyway, I need to go to work...have a great day! Dee2:XXLhug:

Well what a mess!!!! Had my appointment for impressions booked on 13th september, couldn't remember what time so rang the surgery on the 12th to be told that my appointment was thursday 15th sept at 12.00. Turned up for my appointment only to be told that it is not until 13th october!!!!!! Well I threw a fit:mad: told them this was unacceptable, I was told to make the appointment for a week after extraction (6th sept) which I did (13th sept) then when I rang was told it was 15th sept and now they are saying OCTOBER, NO WAY!! Anyway I left it there and came home, really angry and then I get a voice mail from the same dentists office reminding Miss Clark (this is not me) that she has got an appointment tomorrow at nine, well I'm afraid I say red, rang the practice manager and told them EXACTLY what I thought of them:giggle: anyway, I have now got another appointment to get my impressions done TOMORROW at 10.40. x Dee x

:o

Ohhhh Noooooooossss! That's gotta be the worst appointment mix up I've ever heard!!!

Well no impressions today :cry: apparently my gums are too tender, but I,m having them done on 23rd sept :) She said I am healing well and my gums look good. Just a few more weeks and I will have my "new smile" :) Ate a milky way today, well, sucked it :giggle: yummy.Hope you are all doing well on your dental adventures x Dee x

Back