• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What to eat with no teeth....

yum! Milky Ways are my favorite!! I am still trying to lose my last 15 lbs so I am trying to stay away from chocolate. I think I ate everything in sight this weekend. I think it's nerves. I eat when I'm nervous. I think I will get back on track when I have my teeth pulled. I figure that's a good time to try and lose it! Maybe I will go get a Milky Way?! Just wanted to say Good Morning. I have a really busy work schedule this week so hopefully that will keep me busy with less time to focus on whats going to happen. I go pick up my teeth Tuesday. I hope I like them. Talk to ya soon. :XXLhug: Dee2

Hi there....had my impressions done today and I get my teeth on 3rd October :jump: Can't wait!! All stitches are out now so no more sore gums:) Had impressions done twice on the top because she wasn't happy with the first one, the second one took some getting back out:giggle: she had to tug, alot, but she said they will be a great fit. Can't wait now, soo excited;D

Dee2.....Do you like your teeth:) I was like you before I had my extractions, I was eating anything and everything:giggle: I think you do it because you know how difficult it's gonna be to eat after e-day. To be honest though I am eating most things ok now with no teeth, got to learn how to eat with teeth when I get my "new smile"

Stay positive, take care x Dee x

Yay!!! Do you get a chance to see them first? What if you don't like them?

That's so awesome! Glad everything went so well for you. Can't wait to start everything myself but I'm still waiting for a couple of estimates. :(

Hi Hun..... no, they just shove them in my mouth and away I go:o Noooo. Sorry, just my humor:) Yes I get to see them and try them first, if they don,t fit then adjustments are done and if I don't like them then believe me they go back:hmm: I chose a natural colour for my teeth, white but not blingy white;D Can't wait to see/try them, I've never had straight white teeth sooo I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to but anythings better than the one's I had:scared: I have got before and during photos, just waiting to do the after ones now and then, if I'm brave enough, I 'll post them:redface:

Hope the estimates are what you hope for, I know the treatment can be really costly over there but you are worth every penny:XXLhug: I'd ring them om Monday if you've not heard anything:) The waiting, for anything, is always the worst part.

Take care x Dee x

Re: What to eat with no teeth....before photo added

teeth.jpg

So here it is, my before photo of my nasty,nasty teeth:redface: Sooo embaracing:cry: but things can only get better now:jump: x Dee x

Oh I got you beat!! :p Wait til you see my before and afters....

I still haven't heard. They were going to email me the quotes the following day. 2 days later I called and she said she would remind him. 2 days later and now its the weekend. Hoping I get something on Monday.

My teeth are loose and I got a molar fighting to stay in tack with everything I eat. My front teeth are getting looser so I'm really anxious for a quote so I can start finding some funding.

Can't wait to see your afters! It's gonna be a shock to our systems seeing ourselves with such nice teeth!! :) I can't wait now.

Well I'm into week 3 without teeth and to be honest it's not been as bad as I thought:confused: I am not blending as much food now, just having sauces/gravy with things to soften them. I should have had my first try in of the wax moulds on monday 3rd oct but got a call yesterday saying I need to re-arrange my appointment because apparently the lab is closed for a week!! Don't go until the 11th oct now, not happy:mad: but, what's another week. Hope everyone is ok and things are going to plan for you x Dee x

How's eating bread? Regular loaf bread that is... I just discovered Nutella.... :p

Tomorrow I'm going back to dentist to discuss the options, get better pricing and then I'll probably give my ball that's starting to roll a bigger push.

I'm sorta anxious to get this done and over with. I reckon in about 2 years time I'll be good as gold! The whole process will take 12 to 14 months. Although that seems like an awful long time if you really think about it.

How are you fairing with work? Do you have heaps of holiday/leave time? I don't know if I can go without pay. That's what worries me. I only have 4 weeks saved. o_O

Hi Hun....Believe me, if you want it you will eat it, you find a way:ROFLMAO: I am on sick leave at the mo but not for my dental treatment but because I've got a bad hip. Don't know whats up with it, they are doing some tests soon:cry: But, I have decided that when all this is finished I am going to get a different job. I'm a catering supervisor and the hours are not good so I am going to be looking for something part time with hours that suit me and my hubby and we can then get out and enjoy life:jump: x Dee x

Just wanted to say hi! :XXLhug: 5 days more....it will be here before you know it! I
m so sorry that you had to wait! That must have sucked :mad: I can't wait to see your pic! I'm hanging in there! Not eating much but getting in my protein shakes ...yum! NOT:censored:
I am at the "cob webs in my mouth" stage with the stiches hanging all over...fun fun! The dentures are feeling a little less huge every day, speech is fine, except at work yesterday when I was tryimg to tell a friend about a "fresh fish market" lol that didn't work out too well...:giggle: Anyway, Talk to you soon and hang in there! I'm counting down the days too! :XXLhug:Dee2:XXLhug:

2 Days to go to my "new smile":jump: Soo excited now. I have been out quite a bit with no teeth, got so bored staying in all the time:giggle: and you get to a point where you really don't care what people think, it feels so natural not to have them now that I think it will be strange when I finally do get teeth;D One thing I have found that is really weird, when I go to bed I feel like I have teeth!! What's all that about? Takes me ages to settle because it feels so strange and my jaw doesn't seem to know where to go:confused:.

Dee2...the hanging stitches, oh what fun NOT, it's awful isn't it:scared: Glad to hear you are doing much better and things are improving for you:jump: Will post a pic when I get my "new smile" x Dee x

ONE more day now..... :jump:

Can't make my next appointment until my dentist comes back from holiday (Nov. 4th) After that.. it's impression time!! :scared:

Can't wait to see your new smile!!! so excited!!! :jump::jump:

SO excited for you! Post a pic!!! dying to see! :) :XXLhug:Dee2

Not got my "new smile" today:cry: Had wax try ins and done the bite test, had a peek in mirror and they look good, my lips look loads fuller:) Go back on 21st oct for denture try in and if the fits ok I can bring them home:jump: If not I have to wait, she said she wants to get them perfect which is good but the wait is not, I want them now:mad: soooo no pic yet x Dee x

ugh! Waiting sure sucks....

I have to wait another month before I can even start work on my mouth. :( First appointment is the dreaded impressions... so so so scared of that!

TEASE!! I was so excited to see your pic :( I'm so sorry you have to wait! It is good that your dentist wants them perfect :) You probably will have these for a long time! Yes- Waiting sucks! <---- to both Dee's! I am also waiting! I have to wait til January to get the bottoms...it is what it is. We are all worth the wait! :XXLhug: Dee2

Hi all.....thought I'd write a bit about wax try ins. When my dentist put the top one in that felt fine, in and out a few times, a few adjustment which made it feel better every time and then came the bottom ones:o ouch did that hurt, was really sore on the front of the gum:censored: I have a few bumpy bits on the front of my bottom gum and when it caught these it was sooo sore:cry: BUT....the more she took it out, made adjustments, popped it back in the soreness actually eased alot and by the time I did the bite test I could really bite down hard (she had a little trouble parting them after:giggle:) without any pain at all so in the end all was good:thumbsup: For anyone going for wax try ins and bite test remember that these are meant to be loose, you do not get suction with wax so don't worry, your actual dentures will be a good fit. Ramble over x Dee x

anything yet? o_O

Nothing yet hun....back on 21st oct and I can bring them home if I think they are ok, but, dentist said I can't have them till she gets them perfect:mad: Can see me kidnapping my teeth:ROFLMAO: The wait is killing me now x Dee x

Wow ... I am new to this forum and just read through the entire thread:). What started out as - what to eat without teeth - has ended up to be an exciting thread! I will have to check back to see the results. I wish you the best!

Back