• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

need some support

I had the dissolvable ones with my wisdoms.....

I don't know what I'm gonna be doing next. But I do know that my teeth have to go.
But I have HOPE now....

I don't have alot of time cuz I am at work, but I wanted to come on an say...I picked up my teeth today and I have to say I LIKE THEM!! They look soooo natural. They are so pretty. They look perfect for my mouth. Exactly what I wanted. They look like real teeth and gums. I am actually excited. One of my fears is that people are going to notice and well i don't like to be noticed. But it really won't be that noticable, cept they look like I got the cavity in the front tooth fixed. All of my teeth are bad, but they are all just hallowed out and it wasnt really noticable that they were as bad as they are. I mean I have broken ones but they are in the back, so I'm thinking people don't really notice as much as I feel like they do. So, I have to go now but YAY!!! I have teeth in my purse and I LOVE them!! I even showed 3 of my co-workers and sent a pic to my fiance...lol. Monday is my next hurdle. But hopefully that will go as it is supposed to. Have a great day everyone! :XXLhug:hugs to anyone that wants one, but specially my "Dees" for all the support! Take care!! Dee2

That's great news ;D !!! I'm so pleased for you.

It's easy to worry about other people seeing what our teeth look like, but in reality, most people don't actually notice that much other than glancing at you when they're talking. I'd say smile as much as you can and get ready to receive some compliments! :)

Thanks Vicki! This site and the people on it have helped me so much. I am actually excited! A bit scared...but starting to get excited about getting all these rotten rocks outta my mug! I can't imagine a healthy mouth! ;D

Hi Hun....just thought I'd pop by and "see" how you're doing:XXLhug: Yes hun my stitches were dissolvable ones, no they didn't hurt as such, just a little sore that's all but they are all out now (they all dissolved within 10 days) and my mouth feels great:jump: I get my "new smile" on 3rd october;D So excited now. Got a little problem with a narrow part of jaw bone at the top back, dentist gonna keep an eye on it when I get my dentures in but we shall overcome:)

Positive thoughts for Monday hun :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug: Take care x Dee x

Thanks Dee! I am getting excited too! Not really looking forward to the recovery but it is worth it! Oct 3rd huh?! very cool! Are you going to post a pic? I will if you do ;)

Take care! Dee2:XXLhug:

I've posted a before pic on my "what to eat" thread, yuck,yuck,yuck:scared: will do a gummy one and an after one at some point. You MUST post a pic, we all want to see that gorgeous smile:) Can't even imagine what mine are going to look like. I just know they are going to be sooo much better than my old ones.

Take it steady when you first have them out....rest, rest and more rest:XXLhug: Don't forget, it's not a marathon, we all get there in our own time. Do something nice tomorrow to take your mind off things hun. Take care x Dee x

Thanks Dee! I will also post a pic once I figure out how to do it. Yes, tomorrow we are going to have a nice family day. This evening my love took me out for a filet mignon dinner :) I figured I might not have steak for a while :giggle: I bought a denture brush today ..I wanted to buy a few of them, they look like they would do a great job on the tile grout:) Sleep well! talk to ya soon! Dee2:XXLhug:

ok...tomorrow AM my teeth will be pulled. I'm not really sure how I feel. Keeping myself kinda numb. In fact its 11 PM and I'm not tired yet. Think I might take one of those pills to help me sleep. I am having a little snack since I can't eat or drink when i get up....no coffee??? I don't even want to think about that! I am eating wild blueberry rice cake snacks. I wanted something crunchy..don't know how long it will be before I have them again. I went to the store and bought some soup and yogurt. Even after I am healed enough, I will be without most bottom teeth until the next leg of this journey in January.
I hope that I am doing the right thing. I guess there is no going back now.
Well as soon as I can I will check back in. I hope you all are doing well! :XXLhug: Dee2

Hey... thinking about you and wishing you all the best for better days now. That's so awesome!! Post back when you can!! :XXLhug:

Hi Hun....thinking of you today and sending loads of gentle :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:. x Dee x

Thanks! I have to leave in about an hour. I haven't had to take an anxiety pill, yet anyway. I took an awful pic of my before mouth, that I am attaching here. I will post an after pic as soon as possible. so...here goes...talk to ya'll soon :XXLhug:
IMAG0943.jpg

Good luck today! I bet you will be so happy once it's all over.

Ohh hun, geez I really got both you two beat! :censored: I must be really bad! I'll post mine then but in a day or two.

Thinking of you!!! :XXLhug:

How are you doing hun? Relaxing I hope:XXLhug: Just letting you know I'm thinking of you x Dee x

I'm hanging in there. I had a rough night. Didn't sleep much. Ice was my friend. I took plenty of pain meds and could tell when it was getting time to take them again. This AM I haven't needed the pain meds, and have more of a constant ache. Actually the worse part is the bleeding. It is still bleeding inside the denture and whenever i put any pressure with my tongue on them it bleeds over the top and down my throat :( my bottoms are pretty sore. I think it helps to have the immediates covering my tops.
I go to the dentist today at 2pm. for a check. Haven't really had anything to eat except for protein shakes. My mouth tastes like blood so that is grossing me out. Anyway, I need to go rest. I will check back later. Thank you for the well wishes. I hope you all are doing well! Dee:XXLhug:;D

Hi Hun...big, BIG :XXLhug: and well done, YOU DID IT:jump: Glad you are not having too much pain, the bleeding should stop soon. I am SOOOO proud of you, you have your "new smile":)
Take care hun and remember to rest x Dee x

Everything can only improve from here. Take care of yourself and keep us posted as you progress. :XXLhug:

So? Hows them teeffies looking? :) Do you like them?

IMAG0953.jpgOk...here ya go! I look like crap...but you can see the teeth. I am still pretty swollen. Today is day 3 and I woke up feeling more sore today than yesterday. I was told that sometimes happens. I took the teeth out yesterday for the first time. Still tried not to look. I have to keep telling myself that this is all worth it. I must say that I am very impressed with both my dentist and my surgeon who have called me everynight and both of them gave me their cell phone numbers in case I have any questions. I am still not eating much. But I am getting my calories in with protein shakes. Yesterday i had a yogurt. It is still oozing and I gag at the taste of blood...so I am just trying to make it through. Anyway...here's the pic...I will update as the swelling goes down. :XXLhug:Dee2 Hope you guys are doing well!

Nice smile- feel better, think day 3 is over the hump day....