• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Does anyone else do this?

Aldridge

Aldridge

Get the shakes just at the arrival of a dental examination reminder card? I've never known our dentist to send out reminder cards. Maybe it's something he started doing during my years of absence! My check-up isn't due till the end of October, but I know there is about a 6-week waiting list, so I ought to book soon. I just feel gutted because I thought things were improving re my nervousness (OK, OK, I'm kidding myself there, I mean my panic!) but I opened the envelope an hour and a half ago and I'm still shivering. Pathetic or what?

Best way I find to avoid this is to make the next appointment before you leave the surgery, even if it is an appointment in six month's time - then you can write it on the calendar and forget it until it's relevant. This also avoids the peril of being struck off the dentist's list if you "accidentally" forget to book your check-ups !

John

They i dont think make appointments for 6 months at the dentists i have been to they send a reminder letter 6 months later.:o

Thank you, John, I will ask about booking in advance when I go in October(ish)...probably take me 3 weeks just to summon up the nerve to phone for an appointment! I wouldn't want to get struck off and have to start over with a stranger. Bad enough wondering what I'll do when our current dentist retires. It just seems so silly that an innocuous little white card can give me the shakes! I feel better for sharing with folk who understand, thank you both!

Hi Aldridge Your welcome glad everythinks ok.

Dave.:)

Back