• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Thanks Everyone

• Thread starter Glittergirl1976
  • Start date
G

Glittergirl1976

Hi, I have been reading these wonderful posts for the past few months... I have had a hideous fear of dentists for years.. Too long a story but the pain got too much from a broken tooth/potential absess to bear. On Monday I rang and made an appointment for today (couldn't do same day I was too scared)... At 3pm .. I spent the last 4 days googling and guessing her verdict on my teeth.. Gum disease, exractions, fillings.. Dentures... Even mouth cancer!! The pain was so bad today I could only survive with ice cold water in my mouth.. Was actually concerned I was drowning my self! By 2pm I was sat in the dentist an hour early ready to ask her to remove the lit.. Agony!! She called me in at 2.15pm and I immediately cried like a baby.. She was a bit sympathetic and reassured me she would gave seen worse.. Phew! She asked me what I wanted from today I said remove pain and then start my journey to better teeth...

She looked in my mouth .. The light seemed so much brighter than I ever remember and the first thing she said was poor hygiene!! Plaque and Tatar .. I don't think she believed I cleaned twice a day..then she did this water spray scrape thing and bits of actually plaque fell off (gross) i thought this was parts of my teeth falling off !!all the dark areas Near gum line I thought were rotten teeth had gone!!! As for the broken tooth she did a temporary filling with clove medicine and back next week...to decide on root canal or fill.. She seemed confident she can save it:jump: 2 other teeth,well roots to be removed at hospital but no rush!!

I am still in shock I need no fillings.. And the manky plaque stuff has gone.. Backs of bottom front teeth feel very wierd!!

So thanks again for your stories it helped me get through today and I can honestly say it was not as bad as I thought it would be .. Long way still till go tho' :mad:

Back