Thread: Scratchy throat, raspy cough after wisdom tooth removal yesterday - could it be connected?

Default Scratchy throat, raspy cough after wisdom tooth removal yesterday - could it be connected?

Hi I had a bottom left impacted wisdom tooth removed under IV sedation yesterday, the bleeding has seemed to stop but Im very swollen however my main concern is right after the anaesthetics wore off, I noticed I had a very scratchy throat and this morning have woken up with a raspy type cough, it feels like Im breathing in dust sort of feeling. Could this be associated with my dental work yesterday or just a coincidence in that Ive caught a bug? I am taking Amoxicillin to prevent a tooth infection.
      Last edited by coopercharlie; 21st September 2011 at 03:41.

Default Re: Scratchy throat, raspy cough after wisdom tooth removal yesterday - could it be connected?

No one replied?

I'd say coincidental... you were probably around someone with a cold prior to your appt.
      Please read my blog... Facing My Dental Fears

Default Re: Scratchy throat, raspy cough after wisdom tooth removal yesterday - could it be connected?

Google sore throat and extractions- "A sore throat may develop. The muscles of the throat are near the extraction site. Swelling into the throat muscles can cause pain. This is normal and should subside in 2-3 days." Lots of posters complain of sore throat after extraction.

rp