• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Its time to try again

E

express1

Hi everyone I had not been to a dentist for 10 years, 3 years ago I went to see a dentist I tried to explain that I was terrified and when he went to do a filling I had to tell him to stop that I could not go through with it and all he said was that I had wasted his time and he was moaning that he could not charge me as he had not done any work I ran out of the place in tears. My teeth are in a bad state lots of cavities and some broken teeth now I am determined this time to see this through I know if I dont go now I never will so I have started paying into a dental plan through work to pay for my treatment and then I will find a dentist that offers sedation as it is the only way as I am terrified!

:welcome: express1

You have to come the right place as we are all at different places in our journeys and we offer empathy, support and encouragement.

If you have read any of the posts on here you will realise that the experience you had dreadful and the service you were given by your dentist not acceptable.

A lot of us find that emailing a dentist is a good start, I did and I rambled on and on and on about my fears, what I wanted and what I didn't want (my theory being I wouldn't have to repeat any of it to him in person :o ) It worked for me and I never looked back

The key is finding the right dentist and there are definitely nice, caring, sympathetic dentists out there who will help you emotionally and physically.

Find the right dentist, start slowly, have patience, take baby steps and you will start to build a trust - you CAN do it ;)

Back