• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The fear once again consumes

J

jake33

Cant believe after just reading my success post that I was over the moon about having treatment done yet now feeling like i was in the same situation as before having ever been why do we let fear so easily consume us . I'm sure it will be fine everyone tells me so but there is all this doubts in my mind I hate the drill from what I Barely remember 20 yrs ago noise smell of drilling teeth fear the pain from the needle and I have four appointments of hell ( maybe) every tooth left in my body needs work feeling some what depressed here's hoping I'll have a happy post this time Thursday

I know exactly how you feel. After having lots of work done a few years ago, root canals, extractions and fillings i remember coming out of the dentists for the last time and thinking that wasnt too bad and i will definately visit every 6 months without fail. I evan felt at the time a little saddness that it had all finished and i never had anyone taking care over me.
Strange but true.
Now fast forward 6 or so years i have hade to build up the courage to book appointment due to lots of pain.
I have been to the 1st appointment and they have said i will need a root extracted due to having a crown fall out about a year after having it put in and just leaving the root to rot down to the gumline. Also another crown pulled out and a filling to be done. I have to go this time next week and i am dreading it. Even contemplating cancelling as the pain has gone even tthough i have paid in full.
I also feel that the fear is evan worse this time round.
So i know exactly how you feel.
Good luck with any treatment you have to have done.

I know exactly how you feel. After having lots of work done a few years ago, root canals, extractions and fillings i remember coming out of the dentists for the last time and thinking that wasnt too bad and i will definately visit every 6 months without fail. I evan felt at the time a little saddness that it had all finished and i never had anyone taking care over me.
Strange but true.
Now fast forward 6 or so years i have hade to build up the courage to book appointment due to lots of pain.
I have been to the 1st appointment and they have said i will need a root extracted due to having a crown fall out about a year after having it put in and just leaving the root to rot down to the gumline. Also another crown pulled out and a filling to be done. I have to go this time next week and i am dreading it. Even contemplating cancelling as the pain has gone even tthough i have paid in full.
I also feel that the fear is evan worse this time round.
So i know exactly how you feel.
Good luck with any treatment you have to have done.

And good luck to you I know you don't have pain now but think about it like this the fear you have now is probably a little less than the first if we both decide not to go we are just going to build it p again the other thing I try to remember is how many people do dentist see every day how many fillings extractions and what ever are we really going to be that different ?? Good luck my friend heres to us both getting through it all :cheers:. I'll be keeping an eye out on you. And I've got your back x

Thanks for that. Same goes for you too. Good Luck

The fears getting worse appointment Tm afternoon and all ready feeling really sick if I don't go ahead with this the fear its just going to stay the same but my teeth will get even worse HELP PLEASE!

Today's the day had a calm sleep actually was a lot of thought but it was alright feeling and feeling a little nervous but not as bad as I expected it will be good to get it done though

Hi Jake,
I felt a little sad that i couldnt reply to you yesterday. I hope you got plenty of support though.
So.... how did you get on?

Back