• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

embrassed and very low

T

tiger

hi all
i am a 43 mum with 6 grandchildren and was so frightened of the dentist that i just kept putting visits off and when i did finally go it was to late for them to save my upper teeth
I had 8 extractions 4 days ago and an upper denture fitted the same day but wished i hadn't as so near to Xmas. my speech is really bad at the moment i have tried reading out loud to improve my speech but i keep gagging so i give up.and i have lost my self esteem through this as crying most of the time , don't want to go out the house as i think people are talking about my teeth. haven't got anyone i can really talk to as my husband doesn't understand what i am going through.
has anyone got any suggestions as to improve my speech i would be most grateful as i was an outgoing person until i had this done.
i know it will be all worth it in the end.

As odd as this sounds, i am finding that singing helps.

You know what it's like, listening to music, sometimes you just sing along without thinking about it and that has been the most of what I've been doing to re-establish my speech. :)

Back