• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Rathmines, Dublin 6

coolin

coolin

Forum Buddy
I found Jamie by pure chance. I hadn't been to a dentist for about 6 years and I knew I needed lots of work. Fear and embarrassment kept me away. I thought sedation might be a great way to get dental treatment. In fact I wanted him to just knock me out, do all the work and I would probably never darken a dentist door for another good few years...
But Jamie actually talked to me and didn't just look at my mouth. He wanted to know what my fears were. He wanted to know what I wanted from dental treatment. He talked to me like I was a real person and not just a mouth to diagnose and treat.
And do you know what? I never had the sedation after all. With him I quickly felt confident and lost my fears of treatment. I have had fillings,crowns, implants and whitening. Now I look at dentistry in a different way - now I can see that it actually improves my mouth and makes it healthy.
Jamie is a nice guy - go see him ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jamie Maguire, Bath Street Dental Practice, Glasgow

For completeness I feel I should update this thread.
Jamie no longer works in Scotland - in fact he has moved back to Ireland!
But I'm sure a quick google will bring up his details :)
A bit far for me to go for dental treatment so I'm off to dental pastures new with a new dentist in Glasgow.
Coolin

Re: Jamie Maguire, Bath Street Dental Practice, Glasgow

For completeness I feel I should update this thread.
Jamie no longer works in Scotland - in fact he has moved back to Ireland!
But I'm sure a quick google will bring up his details :)
A bit far for me to go for dental treatment so I'm off to dental pastures new with a new dentist in Glasgow.
Coolin

Hi Coolin,

I, too, used Jamie's services to help overcome my dental phobia. He's a fantastic dentist; took me through a backlog of work under IV (I hadn't been to a dentist in over 10 years!) and then when I next needed treatment he gave me the confidence to try it without IV, saving me a lot of money and using a holiday day off work, and it went absolutely fine! I'd wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone in Ireland.

Unfortunately I've just learned he's left Bath St dental and I have some tooth ache. The practice have recommended another one of their dentists who is apparently good with nervous patients, however they're hardly going to recommend a competing practice, but since it's an emergency I'll see how it goes.

I was wondering how you got on with your search for a new dentist? Thanks

Admin: sorry for resurrecting a really old thread!