• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

new dentures

P

phlong

i just got a set of full dentures friday feb.3 2011. i went alog time without teeth on top and 7 bad ones on bottom i haven't had a full set of teeth since i was a teenager i have trouble eating and i use alot of glue on both when i take them out at night it feels like i'm pulling my gums outs.the top plate is award to get use to will the feeling of loose go away where a don't have to wear alot of glue and will i get to eat normal

if they are too loose you need relined....rinse your mouth with warm water to loosen the denture paste..i have had mine for over a yr and am still trying to get used to them!!!!

I got a set of lower dentures in November and I HATE THEM!!! I hate the way they look, feel, function etc. In my opinion I was less miserable before I got them. I still eat mushy foods, can't eat any kind of food that I can't mush (ground beef is the only meat I can eat), and it's been soup, mashed potatoes and cottage cheese. DH keeps telling me I need to be patient, but I am about done with them and ready to throw them in the garbage disposal!!:cry: I wake up in pain & discomfort every night from them. What a waste of $ in my opinion! Sorry to sound so negative but I needed to vent!!

You've only had them a couple of weeks! Be patient!! If they fit poorly, make an appointment with your dentist for an adjustment. When I got mine I was back and forth to the dentist MANY, MANY times in the first couple of months for tweeks here and there. Once you get the fit right you shouldn't have to use adhesive. Some people choose to use adhesive on the lower anyway since it "floats" and doesn't have suction like an upper. (If they fit well you shouldn't require too much on the lower.) For easy removal, vigoriously rinse your mouth for a couple of minutes with very warm water and the adhesive should let go easily.
I've had mine (upper and lower) for about 17 months and I can pretty much eat anything I want to now..so don't give up! It takes practice..and a lot of patience! :)

Back