• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tense jaw/mouth ... Hard to sleep.

E

Eshy

I feel so bad posting so much in here but I am having so many issues! As a little back information if you haven't read my other posts, I went to the dentist 2 days ago and had my bite adjusted to ease some chewing pains. We also found out that I have a wisdom tooth coming in that looks impacted. I have been having some pain in my molars for the past weeks and I think it is the wisdom tooth.

Last night I had a very hard time sleeping. I kept waking up every few hours with some extreme neck pain. I woke up this morning and my front teeth were very sore and felt loose. The we're mildly sore for the rest of the day and still are now. My neck still hurts at the moment and my jaw hurts very badly. My whole mouth hurts, and what I mean is the muscles underneath my tongue are included! They feel so tense and cramped! The back of my throat even feels tight. It hurts so bad it is bringing tears to my eyes! (I am a baby, I know)

Why is my jaw feeling all clenched all of a sudden? What should I do? Wait it out?:cry:

I'm really not trying to be a smart a. but maybe think about something besides your teeth. From experience- The more you obsess over them, the more your jaw tightens up, the more you clench, the more they hurt.

You're young go out and have some fun, do something that makes you happy.

rp

Its okay, I know what you mean I guess.

It's easy to be worried after everything I've read. I'm not really unhappy about anything. This weekend has been pretty nice; I got to spend the past 2 days with my little neice who is four. She is adorable. I'm not worried sick about my teeth, I'm just a curious person. I like to understand why things happen.

I took some medicine and grabbed a handwarmer to sleep on. Feeling a little better. We will see how I do in the morning.

So yeah, no offense taken! I know you mean well in your advice.

G'night. :)

I agree with RP, I have given myself headache's and felt like my whole head is throbing and aching, also pain in neck and shoulders like you say. I can worry up a toothache as well if I concentrate on my teeth too much.

I know it's sometimes hard not to but if you have seen the dentist and he says everything is fine, try to relax.

Don't get bogged down reading things on here, if you are stressing too much at the moment maybe a break might be a good idea. Not that I'm telling you to go, it's lovely that you do come on here, but don't let it take over all your time, and cause you to worry.

When I am worried I have noticed that I clench more and that causes more pain.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response Carole!

I slept pretty well. My neck and jaw aren't nearly as bad as they were. I feel a lot better

:)

Back