• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

top first molar extraction

G

gripped with fear!

hi, im new here so hope im doing this right! going out of my mind with fear! im a nervous person anyway which doesnt help! anyway i've had lots of dental work over the years and got through it, but as soon as my dentist mentioned extraction i've gone into sheer panic! i had my top premolar out 4 months ago, i totally freaked out crying, but i didnt realize it was out! bit on something last week on my first top molar and crack! dentist said its fractured and has to come out! was not too bad at first, but now i'm thinking all sorts, panicking it will be harder to pull coz its a bigger tooth, and that it will be harder to get out coz its fractured inside,and the roots wont come out and he ll have to dig them out! oh my god i feel sick! has anyone out there had anything like this ? having it done monday if i dont cancel it!!!!!!:scared::scared::scared:

Don't cancel you will be fine. I don't know if it will be easier or not but it shouldn't be a problem for your dentist. As long as you are well numb and feel comfortable you will be fine. As your dentist took one out a few weeks ago, trust him, he did well last time. If he didn't think he could do it I imagine he would refer you to someone else.

You put your trust in him before, so do it just once more for this tooth extracting. I had a broken tooth removed not so long ago and I thought the same thoughts you are having, and I was fine and it only took a minute, it took longer waiting for the area to numb.

I wish you well, you will feel so much better when it's done, don't wait for it to give you loads of pain and possible infection.

extraction!

hi, has anyone out there had a first top molar extracted? i have to have mine out on monday and i'm petrified what it will be like, wont come out! will break! oh god my minds running away with me here! been awake half the night! i have no pain but its fractured inside! please any information would be great! thanks.

I've merged your threads because its about the same thing and we won't be able to follow the story or know how others have responded. Unfortunately, I've lost all my first molars- they are now implants. Had no issues having them removed- but I also had IV sedation with an oral surgeon for them. I"m sure if your dentist thought it was something complicated, that he couldn't easily handle, he would refer you out.

As long as you trust him to keep you comfortable, you'll be fine. Imagining the worst only feeds the anxiety.

rp

Back