• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cold or warm water to brush your teeth??

alwaysworried

alwaysworried

I often wondered if people use cold or warm water to brush.  I use warm water. It only makes sense.  You can't remove hard plaque or tarter or any food particles with cold water.  We don't wash our dishes with cold water do we?  It makes no sense to me why people who have a sensitivity to cold use cold water to brush. It not only makes the plaque harder, but it makes your toothbrush bristles hard and it is uncomfortable to brush. The warm water I find loosens any thing in my teeth and my gums feel really good after brushing and clean too.  It makes sense to use warm water.  My hygenist even said she never thought of that!!  My husband has gum issues and has been trying the warm water thing and he finds it is alot easier to brush and his gums feel better already.

Give it a try!!

It's good that you brought this up because alot of people are stuck on cold water rinsing for some reason. I usually recommend to patients to rinse with warm water. There's no point in zapping all your teeth with icy cold water rinses if you don't have to.

ive always used cold water, but thats because if u even turn on the warm water nob on my sinks, it will get so hot so quick, youll burn ur mouth drinking it

I brush with warm water. Find it more comfortable on my sore Gums

I use warm water as well, but not because I knew anything about it. Just because I hate cold water.

Just remembered on my Tube of Toothpaste,it say's brush with warm water

Here's one from crazy old me, don't use any water at all. Apply the paste to the dry brush. No point in diluting that nice Fluoride :party:

I use cold water to brush my teeth but only started using warm water to rinse because of my sore gums.

I must be peculiar (but then I must admit people do think I'm a bit odd) because when I used to have teeth before dentures, I used very, very, but very cold water, it made my mouth and teeth feel so much fresher. Now that I have dentures and brush them holding in hand, I use warm water but must admit that brushing my mouth I still tend to use very cold water. I must just be a cold fish or something. No sarcastic comments thank you!

I just use coldish water to rinse.. no water to actually brush. Hmm.

Back