• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just for fun - what kind of creature is the DFC logo?!

What kind of creature do you think the DFC logo (at the top left of the page) is?

• Dragon

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Crocodile

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other (please share!)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Your t rex hasn't got the fancy hair do that the whatever it is at the top of the page has and thinking about it in Pete's Dragon the film the dragon has the hair like the one at the top has, :confused: :rolleyes: :censored: :p

Its wearing a blue hat, there isn't any fancy hair !!!! :p

Anyway, Dragon's ALWAYS have wings - period.

Our little dragon/dinosaur/whatever does bear some resemblance to T-Rex, but note the difference in neck circumference and the lack of stripes across the torso... Pete's dragon on the other hand does have the stripes, plus a thinner neck, and the wings are so small that they might not even show up if viewed from the front:

petesdragon.gif

On balance, I'd still say "dragon" :hmm:...

Oh Carys :p it is defo a dragon

What blue hat, one of us is losing it now. :whistle: puff the magic dragon:whistle:lives by the sea :whistle: :whistle:

I'm not so sure that it is wearing a blue hat...:hmm: If you look very closely, they're actually blue eyelids and I think the sticky up bits are probably either hair or ears. On balance, given that he's got a different coloured belly, I'd also say it's a dragon. The size of the wings depends on the breed of dragon - some have smaller wings than others, so they could be folded up behind his back.

I did create a higher resolution version of it a few years ago (think it was for posters or something - the version created in logo creator is low resolution for the internet), so you can see the detail more clearly... I'll see if I can can find it (it's buried in the depths of my hard drive somewhere...:p)

Yes please Vicki, if you could find it that might end this argument....that PIANIMO STARTED (with her innocuous question) !!! :ROFLMAO:

The size of the wings depends on the breed of dragon - some have smaller wings than others, so they could be folded up behind his back.

What is tragic is that we are now all talking about dragons and t-rex dinosaurs as if they are both real and walking around. This is SO funny !!!

Sorry, but another point........the DFC green creature has no spikey things down the back of spine and tail.....and dragons ALWAYS have those but T-Rexes don't !!!!

Dragons do indeed have spikes down their spines and in some, but not all cases, their tail as well. Since they are mythical creatures, the appearance of the dragon depends entirely upon it's creator. Since the DFC creature is facing towards us and therefore it's spine is hidden from view, we can't tell whether or not it has spikes down it's spine :p.

The T-Rex had three toes plus a dew claw on each foot, similar to the DFC creature. However, on it's 'hands', it only had two fingers (or claws), the DFC creature has four, so I reckon it's a dragon. Plus the DFC creature also has stripes on it's belly.

dfcdragon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Carys I know you are like inspector morse but there is no way you can see this DRAGONS back. How do you know what is hidden behind his back, and he is a he or do we have to debate that now :p

DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON, you know we are all going to end up in padded cells don't you, and another thing Pianimo started all this has she crept out somewhere and hid.

Come out come out where ever you are, we will find you in the end. :yay:

I'm still leaning just a bit towards T-Rex simply because they were so associated with their teeth.

Oh Jaylah and Carys you are just going to have to accept defeat, IT'S A DRAGON :innocent:

I'm still leaning just a bit towards T-Rex

You don't want to do that Jaylah, they are very bitey and angry creatures, you'll be chomped !!!

Carole, until Vicki comes back with her 'blown up' image (to show that it doesn't have wings and is therefore a T REX :p) we just going to have to be patient........

Carole, until Vicki comes back with her 'blown up' image (to show that it doesn't have wings and is therefore a T REX :p) we just going to have to be patient........

The larger image has been posted in my previous post... enjoy :p. The neck of the DFC creature is too thin for a T-Rex and also, they were not green and didn't have a stripey underside to their tail. :)

Ahh, ok, I missed a page....I've just seen the larger image.

Carole, you are being really immature now :p

So, can we therefore surmise that the creature has similarities with a dragon AND a T-Rex. It is infact a Dragex, or a Tragon ?

Pianimo, I want another option.....I'm now thinking it might just be a very angry lizard ?!

Carys and Jaylah YES I can be very mature about this, and in a very mature way say YOU LOSERS, YOU ARE BEAT,
just take the defeat and handle it like grown ups, come on now. What do you say, come on IT'S A Dragon

I can't hear you, all together now PUFF THE MAGIC :whistle:dragon, lives by the sea, :whistle:

Carys you really need to pay attention you know. It's not a lizard it's not a Tragon, you are really grasping at straws now, come on It's a Drrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggoooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn you won't choke, just say it and admit defeat. You put up a good fight but sorry you LOSERS, you just have to suck it up as the young ones say. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

We are the champions, CONGRATULATIONS VICKI AND I :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

It does not have pink spikes along its spine on the tail. So it is NOT a dragon.

I think it's a hybrid. It's a Tragon.

just say it and admit defeat

Never ! Vicki said it had elements of both.....

Back