• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just for fun - what kind of creature is the DFC logo?!

What kind of creature do you think the DFC logo (at the top left of the page) is?

• Dragon

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Crocodile

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other (please share!)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Pianimo

Pianimo

One of life's great mysteries o_O ...what is that green creature sitting at the top of the page?! :hmm:

I've never quite been able decide for myself, so I thought I'd see what the rest of you think! Over to you! ;D

I have always called it a dragon, this could get really good.

I have always called it a dragon, this could get really good.

;D

Don't forget to vote in the poll at the top - make your vote count!

I did that first, don't worry if there is something to vote on I'm straight in there. :p

Ah, that my impatience showing...when I posted your vote hadn't come through, but I can see it now! :rolleyes: Sorry! :innocent:

Thats okay, you never know with me, anything can happen. I did it again just to be sure and it did tell me I had voted. :cool:

I'd always assumed it was a dragon.

But now that I see the poll options, I can sort of understand why it might look like a dinosaur. However I think dragons have yellow tummies. Don't know of any dinosaurs with that coloration.

And crocodile's front legs aren't that short.

I'd always assumed it was a dragon.

But now that I see the poll options, I can sort of understand why it might look like a dinosaur. However I think dragons have yellow tummies. Don't know of any dinosaurs with that coloration.

And crocodile's front legs aren't that short.

Wow, you've put a lot of thought into this! lol I'd never considered the yellow tummy thing.... :hmm:

As for the legs, I'd never noticed them before, but now I've looked, I don't think anything's front legs are that short! :rolleyes: :p

As for the legs, I'd never noticed them before, but now I've looked, I don't think anything's front legs are that short! :rolleyes: :p

Well, Tyranosaurus Rex legs were pretty tiny in comparison to the body.

Trexbig.GIF

Actually, now you've mentioned it, I think it was the proportion of legs/body etc that first tilted me towards thinking it may be a dinosaur...hmmm...:hmm:

I might change my mind now I see what you mean, I did think when I saw the options the same as you but I thought I always thought dragon so I'm sticking with that. But it does look like your little t-rex.

Just had a thought: if it's a dragon, where are the wings?? :dunno:

Just had a thought: if it's a dragon, where are the wings?? :dunno:

Excellent point!

It must be a T-Rex.

Which, actually, would probably make more sense, anyway. Given that one of the most noticable things about T-Rex was it's enormous, and many teeth.

Oh dear you will have to start the poll again it is a T-REX, no doubt. :giggle:

Would you look at us, solving one of life's greatest mysteries on our own! :cool: :giggle:

I'll wait and see though...someone else may yet disagree!

I always thought it was a dragon... maybe the wings are folded over behind its back so we can't see them :confused:

Though I recently got a complaint e-mail asking what a spooky crocodile is doing on a dental phobia website (well, I'd love to say that it was a well-thought-out and very clever symbolic representation of something or other, but the easy answer is it was included in the logo maker :p)

It s T REX, obviously, Geeeee you people ! I've ALWAYS thought it was a T REX a) because I am clever :p b) because T REX was renowned for his teeth, being a massive predator and carnivore c) I thought letconnect had deliberately chosen T REX due to his well known set of gnashers - but clearly that wasn't the case :ROFLMAO:

Though I recently got a complaint e-mail asking what a spooky crocodile is doing on a dental phobia website (well, I'd love to say that it was a well-thought-out and very clever symbolic representation of something or other, but the easy answer is it was included in the logo maker :p)

Oh My goodness.......this is HILARIOUS !!!!!!!!!

How funny, the simple answer to this is, show it to a child and they will give the answer, I don't think any of us has a clue, we are all guessing. ;)

we are all guessing.

No we aren't ! I KNOW what it is, and here is a friend of his......

rex.jpg

BIG back feet, tiny front legs, large tail, bit pointy teeth....etc.

Back