• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

immediate dentures next week

R

ross71

5 more days till I have 30 teeth extracted and full dentures and I am terrified, any advice on how to cope with the fear???

Hi Ross,
I've not been in your situation yet but you're doing the right thing if it means you have a better quality of life. Perhaps you could ask your dentist for suggestions and I'm sure someone on here will advise re the fear. I'd be interested to know how it goes and what you experience so I wish you all the best with the procedure. Please let us know what your immediate dentures look and feel like too.:)

Hello
Surely you will need time to recover and get used to the dentures.
I think that the most important thing is that your dentist will be there for you during this period of recovery, that you will be abale to come to the clinic also in a very short notice, also weekends, and maybe be able to call his/her privet phone.
And of course, this forum is also available for you 24/7 :)

all the best

Thankyou to those who replied to me, I feel so silly being terrified of the extractions, this is something I have put off for many years.this fear is something that has controlled my life for too long and my health is really suffering due to my severely decayed teeth.I am scared but also looking forward to being able to smile for the first time in so many years

Thankyou to those who replied to me, I feel so silly being terrified of the extractions, this is something I have put off for many years.this fear is something that has controlled my life for too long and my health is really suffering due to my severely decayed teeth.I am scared but also looking forward to being able to smile for the first time in so many years

That is great ross, you should be very proud of yourself and be looking forward to being able to live without the worry :)

Thankyou and i am feeling proud that I have got this far but I'm still so terrified ! I'm having a general in hospital so I wont feel anything but i don't know what to expect when I first wake up. But thankyou for your support

When you wake up you will have teeth !;D
New ones that will not ache or cause any pain again.
It will take a while until you are used to the new ones but it will be great when you are.

Your mouth might be a bit sore after the op, but you should not have any actual pain.
Dont drive yourself home, you need someone there to drive you after the anaesthetic.

All the best. It will be OK.

3 more sleeps till e day and now I'm really really scared. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't keep thinking about monday but I have so many thoughts running throug:scared:h my mind . I just want this to be over

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

I did it !!!! ;D:censored:

CONGRATULATIONS :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: Really well done you :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: How are you feeling, are you okay. :jump::jump::jump: Just take things easy and rest as you need to, I hope you heal well and without too much pain. :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

All the best wishes in your recovery. :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

ThANKS carrol and I actually feel pretty good, I will fill everyone in as soon a can but I'm so happy and proud of myself , I have faced and beaten a 30 year extre[smiley=hugging.gifme dental phobia woohooo !!!!!

Hi!

I just went to the dentist this Tuesday for the first time in 15-20 years. I have to have 21 teeth pulled. I, too, am scared to death! I don't need full dentures at this point, but am getting a temporary partial denture on the top front and bottom teeth. I've never had a tooth pulled (most just cracked and fell out) and I've never been sedated. Two things that truly terrify me! I go next Thursday to have my impressions done and will need to schedule my extractions at that time. I, like you, have let this consume me over, I'd say, the last 5 years. I finally decided that I'm tired of living this way. I'm trying to look at the positive - a nice smile - finally! Oh, and I hear I'll lose alot of weight! Keep the faith. Everything is going to work out for both of us! I pray alot, which helps! Just put it in God's hands and he'll take care of you. Good luck to you!

Dianne

ross71 take plenty of rest and whatever time you need, When you feel up to it come back and tell us how you got on, it does sound as if everything went well, don't feel rushed to come back on, I just put this for you to read, and let you know how pleased I am for you :jump::jump::jump:

Dianne I wish you GOOD LUCK for your appointment as well and everything will be fine, I am sure.
Best wishes :grouphug:

Well done Ross71

Am so pleased that you have got through this and feel better because of it:jump:

Take Carole's advice and take it easy, let us know when you feel you are able to how you are etc, and in the meantime, will be thinking of you and hoping you heal fast.

Dianne, yes, some can lose weight, I lost about a stone since my journey began! Stay strong.

Hi everyone , well its been 5 days now and im feeling great. If anyone is anxious about having extractions and immediate dentures please message me I am more than ha:)ppy to share my experience with you ,

Hi everyone , well its been 5 days now and im feeling great. If anyone is anxious about having extractions and immediate dentures please message me I am more than ha:)ppy to share my experience with you ,

This is really good to hear, WELL DONE !!!! :jump::jump::jump:

Thankyou carole, I can't believe all those years of fear, embarrassment and shame are behind me, I feel like a new woman. I can actually SMILE !!!!! :)

RESULT :jump: :yay: :jump: :yay: :cheers: happy healing.

Back