Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube videos of dental procedures

Important Youtube videos of dental procedures

Could everyone please take great care when considering posting Youtube videos of dental procedures (including animated ones). Not everyone who comes here is at a stage where they can cope with even toothbrush commercials, so it would be hugely appreciated if things can be kept as non-graphic as possible.

Things like dental instruments may look a lot scarier on video than when demonstrated by a kind and caring dentist in person. We need to keep in mind that many people who are viewing this forum need to be introduced very carefully to this sort of thing (I know I did ).

Many thanks !!
      Last edited by letsconnect; 20th April 2012 at 17:04. Reason: grammar (I think)
      There's an App for That!

Mobile Apps are available for this forum. Please click on the following links to get yours:

iPhone/iPod Touch

Android Devices

Default Re: Youtube videos of dental procedures

Thank you letsconnect I for one have never seen any instruments apart from the mirror and the probe and then not close up. If I have ever been to the dentist and the tools are out I don't look, I look elsewhere and if I saw a needle I would be off. I shut my eyes while in the chair when having work done because if I saw anything coming towards me I would be off.

THANKS

LOL, yeah I totally understand (though personally, I do like to inspect certain tools beforehand and get a little demo, or even touch stuff myself. This is totally different though from being confronted with an impersonal video scene !).
      There's an App for That!

Mobile Apps are available for this forum. Please click on the following links to get yours:

iPhone/iPod Touch

Android Devices

There is absolutely no need to link to YouTube videos on here ! Anyone who actually wants to watch them can go to YouTube and find them easily enough, it's far from difficult

I have posted links to youtube videos about things I have found interesting/helpful. They are just text links (not embedded) and usually in the controversial forum though. I just include a little warning or disclaimer on it so people can decide whether or not they want to watch it. That's okay right? Sometimes the video you are referring to is not always easy to find from a general search and may truly be of interest to others.

Hi kitkat,

yes there's nothing wrong with posting videos (including controversial ones) related to dental phobia or dental anxiety in the "Your Two Pence Worth" section, if the purpose is to invite discussion .

My original post was more aimed at discouraging well-meant attempts to provide people with information about dental procedures. Even though it could be argued that looking at such videos is a form of desensitisation and helps people be prepared, I don't think this is true because the experience is totally impersonal, and there is no reassurance or explanation from a trusted dentist involved. Also, some people do not want to see what is involved, even when working together with a dentist they like and trust.

Don't let this discourage you from posting videos which may be of interest to others . My original intention was just to say to please not post videos of dental procedures as a way of explaining those procedures to other forum members.
      There's an App for That!

iPhone/iPod Touch

Android Devices

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to letsconnect For This Useful Post:

biffo1963 (26th April 2012), kitkat (21st April 2012)

does this video bother or help you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BhidxkpzTA
      Dr. Raymond Kimsey, DMD
      www.comfortableimplantdentistry.com

IT BOTHERS THE HELL OUT OF ME.
      I watched up until it goes to the dentist room then that was enough, if I look at these things, I am poised with the mouse at the off button. I would have liked to have seen what happened, but sorry, no can do.
      I hope the little girl got her teeth and could you tell me please if she did, but no thank you I can't watch these.
      Last edited by carole; 22nd April 2012 at 15:52.

Doesn't bother me, but then I am oddly fascinated by all medical procedures. However, I don't get what she was actually having done.....that news report didn't actually contain any facts at all.I can see though that having a warning in the title might be appropriate - e.g. shows dental work in progress.
      Last edited by Carys; 22nd April 2012 at 16:51.

Did she get her new teeth.