Thread: wisdom teeth extracted now tooth next to the site feels a little loose

Default wisdom teeth extracted now tooth next to the site feels a little loose

I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted on 20/4/2012 in hospital under local anaesthetic, last night i noticed my molar next to the extracted site (bottom left molar) is a little loose, I have never had a tooth extracted before, let alone dental work so im anxious as i dont want to loose anymore teeth. What would you reccommend i do?
      Thanks for reading this

Default Re: wisdom teeth extracted now tooth next to the site feels a little loose

Sometimes the dentist doing the extraction uses the next door tooth as a fulcrum to apply pressure to extract a tooth. It can cause a little bit of mobility and tenderness in the fulcrum tooth but it doesn't do any harm in the long run.
      Try to keep to a soft diet and try very hard not to wiggle the loose tooth too often to "check on it", that way it'll get the chance to recover in peace.

Default Re: wisdom teeth extracted now tooth next to the site feels a little loose

http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/for...ter-extraction

This might help with what to eat. Good luck with your healing

Thank you Gordon, because that totally helps explain the feeling I have in the molar next to my extracted tooth.