• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gum problem after root canal filling

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anniebea

I had the second part of my root canal filling done yesterday..........it still isn't finished as I have to go back on tuesday for more torture :jump:
today I find that my gum on the inside of the molar concerned appears and feels like I have burnt it.........you know that feeling when you eat something too hot and it makes the gum skin die and peel off???? well that is what my gum is like, its white and crinkled.........is this normal??? I don't have any pain today :)

Re: gum prob after root canal filling

Quite often with the materials used (and especially the rubber dam clasp) the gums can be a bit bruised for a while after each stage of root treatment. It should settle down quickly. Also what can happen sometimes is that you may have actually burnt the gum with some food etc while you were numb! i think from what you say this is less likely but it is worth mentioning.
Give it a few more days but call your dentist if you are concerned.
DrMike

Re: gum prob after root canal filling

Thanks Dr Mike, I have left a message for my dentist just to let him know about it, I'm not in any pain and it almost looks like and feels like my gum has been pinched and bruised as the skin isn't actually coming off its more just ridged up if you know what I mean?? ...thanks so much for answering:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back