• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Nerve pain in arm after extraction

S

SomewhereElse

I had four wisdom teeth taken out on Friday the 4th. I had been putting it off for years because I didn't want to go to the dentist! Two of them were impacted (bottom) and the other two were sideways, facing out of my mouth. I haven't had any swelling, and the pain is manageable, but the left side of my bottom lip, and my teeth on the left side are numb. I am also experiencing nerve pain (tingly, electric-like) running down my neck and all the way down my left arm. It wraps around my elbow, so I'm thinking radial nerve? So I guess my question would be, is this nerve pain directly related to the extraction? Is it possible for an extraction to damage a nerve in my arm? I go back on Friday for a post-op, so I am trying to decide if I should call my doctor or dentist before then. Thanks!

wow yes I think you should call your dentist and if no answers there call your doctor and let him know what is going on.

Back