• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

At the end of what I have left

Mikey Boy

Mikey Boy

Well things just continue to get worse for me a big peace of my front tooth that has bothered me has broken off please tell me what I did to deserve this I feel like I should give up dont worry I'm fine but my spirit has left I just wanna give up if there is any sign that things will get better I need it now just so lost and sad feel like cryin :shame:

Well things just continue to get worse for me a big peace of my front tooth that has bothered me has broken off please tell me what I did to deserve this I feel like I should give up dont worry I'm fine but my spirit has left I just wanna give up if there is any sign that things will get better I need it now just so lost and sad feel like cryin :shame:

Oh, no! Don't give up, Mikey. Hopefully it can be repaired.

2 weeks ago I broke my tooth and it was a bad break, but I'm sitting here now after a RCT and a post & core buildup with my tooth still in my jaw. So think positive.

:XXLhug:

BH

Thank you I just feel real down right now but I will try

Hi Mikey, I really do know how hard it is to keep the spirit up and sometimes we need a rest and a cry and a sympathetic shoulder or forum friends to offer support and encouragement. As the song says you gotta 'pick yourself up, brush yourself down and start all over again.

Hi Mikey,

i broke a tooth 6 yrs ago while eating a candy bar (a Heath Bar). That was my first dentist visit! AND, The dentist just filled it with a white filling! You may not need a RTC. Good luck!

:( I'm gonna try guys I will but it's just hard cause I feel like such an idiot for letting get like this having you guys here has helped and I thank you for that so much I could not do it with out you guys :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:

Hang in there mikey boy. Is this one of the teeth that you had planned for RCT?

As bad as it feels (I've had pieces of teeth break off), it's likely that the break won't affect your ability to get RCT and crown on that tooth anyway-- although if it's causing you pain it might mean getting RCT on that tooth sooner. It's likely that the part that broke off wasn't very healthy anyway, so good riddance.

After RCT your dentist can build the crown part of your tooth back up if the break affects the core part of the crown, and they can even put in something called a post which allows them to leave the root structure in and build an entirely new crown on top that's actually stronger than the original tooth.

Your teeth are like icebergs: the bigger and more important part of your tooth is actually below the gumline. You do need the crown (the visible part) for chewing but if the root is still mostly intact you'd be amazed at what they can reconstruct. I've had a tooth that was actually entirely broken right down to the gumline, and my dentist was able to crown and post and you'd never know now that the visible part of the tooth is entirely artificial.

Just keep focusing on how nice your teeth will look after your work is complete. I used to have broken and rotted teeth all across the front arch (6 through 11) and after root canals and crowns they look and feel just like normal teeth, except as I mentioned they're actually stronger.

You are where you are, and there's nothing you can do to go back in time and change that. But seriously, be proud of yourself for taking action and for starting down the road to better teeth. It's never too late to make a fresh start!

It is that very same tooth at first I was sad about it.

But now I'm starting to feel better about it cause of what you said so you're telling me that even with what's left they can still fix it makes me feel a hell of a lot better and yeah good riddance.

And you're right I need to stay focoused and be positive thanks for your kind words I CAN DO THIS .:jump:

some good news I might I have found an endodontis in my area but we will see how is everyone doing

some good news I might I have found an endodontis in my area but we will see how is everyone doing

This is the letter I sent him what do you guys think

Hello Dr.Vacher my name is Mike Eddins I was wondering if you could tell me how much it would cost me to have four root canals and crown and build ups done I have serious dental problems and have been scared of the dentist my whole life I have only just started to go back cause of recent pains I've had and I would much rather have someone like you to do my root canals than my dentist just for the simple fact that I have trust problems I want my smile back and hopefully this is my solution. Thank you for you're time and I look forward to you're response

Good to hear you sounding more positive Mikey, the letter sounds fine but I suspect the Dr will say I need to take a look before I can give you a price. Well done for pulling it round :jump::jump:

Good to hear you sounding more positive Mikey, the letter sounds fine but I suspect the Dr will say I need to take a look before I can give you a price. Well done for pulling it round :jump::jump:

Yeah I feel like making some Progress :jump::)

How have you all been

I havent been on here in a while so I wanted to see how you all are doing I'm still searching for a endodontis but I think I've found the right one

Re: How have you all been

I'm happy for you - when do you start seeing him/her??

Um I'm. Not sure but hopefully sometime soon I have another vaca coming up so we will see

welcome back!

Hi nice to see you, I hope everything goes well for you. I know what it is like to getting so far then something else happens. Don't give up though, it is hard, but keep going and you do sound more positive now.

Good luck and best wishes :butterfly:

yea i feel more positive thanks carole

Back