• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

nevous wreck

They will if you want it that way, there is no reason not for him to be in there with you. When we go to the dentist there is sometimes so much to take in, like when you go to a doctor, we forget things or forget to ask what we want to know. The dentist won't mind him going in with you, you are in charge.

Take him in if that is what you want, his opinion of the dentist may help you decide if you want to stay with this dentist. I am sure Kim took her husband in with her when she first went.
I do know that people have taken their partners in even if they are having sedation, then when you are relaxed and ready the dentist tells them it is okay to wait in the waiting area, while they get the work done.

But you are not having anything done tomorrow, he will want to have a look at your teeth and mouth if you feel you can let him do this. He may want to take an x ray as well, but if it is too much just tell him.

Don't feel you have to say sorry, until you have been you don't know what is what, you will be okay. :butterfly:

Hi Carole,
Well I went this morning and you were right - he was nice - I was nervous and he saw me. He was running half hour late which didnt help. He examined mouth, took Xrays. The outcome is that I have an abscess in the gum where I had abscess on the outside of gum 5 weeks ago. My gums are in dreadful state and he intends to pull 1 or 2 teeth out then extensive cleaning, but only 2 trips back there which isnt too bad. The down side is I have to wait another 3 weeks so I can relax again for now :)
I am just so pleased that I went and that it is over for now. Thank you for support it has really meant a lot :)

They will if you want it that way, there is no reason not for him to be in there with you. When we go to the dentist there is sometimes so much to take in, like when you go to a doctor, we forget things or forget to ask what we want to know. The dentist won't mind him going in with you, you are in charge.

Now after tomorrow if you go back for treatment that is another story, I don't think they would like him in there if you were having work done, but no reason for him not to go in tomorrow as I said.

Take him in if that is what you want, his opinion of the dentist may help you decide if you want to stay with this dentist. I am sure Kimbo took her husband in with her when she first went.
I do know that people have taken their partners in even if they are having sedation, then when you are relaxed and ready the dentist tells them it is okay to wait in the waiting area, while they get the work done.

But you are not having anything done tomorrow, he will want to have a look at your teeth and mouth if you feel you can let him do this. He may want to take an x ray as well, but if it is too much just tell him.

Don't feel you have to say sorry, until you have been you don't know what is what, you will be okay. :butterfly:

CONGRATULATIONS :jump::jump::jump: GIVE YOURSELF A BIG PAT ON THE BACK :jump::jump::jump: All that stress and so little to be done, that is really good, I bet you feel like a million dollars :yay: I am really glad for you that he was as nice as you remembered him. Well done you :star::star::star:

Here's the dance of success :dance2::dance::dance::dance2: I hope you did a silent :p to the snotty receptionist on your way out. Try not to stress too much now before you go back and enjoy the fact you did it today. :butterfly:

Three cheers for your lovely dentist too :jump::jump::jump:

Back