• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Day 5

J

jp58

I had my e day 5 days ago.I had 23 teeth extracted and imediates put in.Is it normal to be still in pain?I go for my post op Thursday.I can't wait to take them out at night to give my mouth a rest.

Hi JP,

It takes a while for your gums to heal so yes it is quite normal after only five days to still feel sore, I had three bottom teeth out in May and it took a few weeks for things to settle down and for my gums to actually heal and not feel sore.

What I did was to wear my partial during the day and give my mouth a rest in the evenings, I didn't eat with it in at first at night either as I was still a bit sore from the extractions. Please persevere though as it certainly does get better you just need to give yourself some time to recover from the surgery. Before long you will be able to eat normally and you really wont notice anything in your mouth, it really is amazing how you can adjust.

Good luck and I really hope you are feeling better soon.

Barbara x

I can't wait to take them out at night to give my mouth a rest.
you should.It is important to take thedentures out at night and alow the tissue to have a rest.

Hi JP,

It takes a while for your gums to heal so yes it is quite normal after only five days to still feel sore, I had three bottom teeth out in May and it took a few weeks for things to settle down and for my gums to actually heal and not feel sore.

What I did was to wear my partial during the day and give my mouth a rest in the evenings, I didn't eat with it in at first at night either as I was still a bit sore from the extractions. Please persevere though as it certainly does get better you just need to give yourself some time to recover from the surgery. Before long you will be able to eat normally and you really wont notice anything in your mouth, it really is amazing how you can adjust.

Good luck and I really hope you are feeling better soon.

Barbara x

Thank you Barbara,I am going for my 7 day post op today,I have one area where my wisdom tooth was that throbs and aches,I'm hoping I dont have a dry socket.

I just home from my post op appointment and they said I'm healing good,but I had a lot of sores,so they relined my dentures and it made a big difference.

Back