• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Imidiate Denture

T

txgurl76

Hi Y'all,

I had 7 teeth extracted on the top of my mouth friday July 27th and had an imediate denture put in. I left the denture in for 2 days b4 I took the denture out to clean it. I left it out for an hour and I couldn't get the denture in because the pain was so bad. My gums have swollen and now I'm without teeth on the top portion of my mouth. I'm scared and very affraid that I will never be able to get the denture in ever again. I'm 35yrs old, married with 3 kids and can't seem to get out of bed because I'm highly depressed over the way I look. Even though everyone is very accepting of me not having teeth I can't figure out what to do. Do I look past the pain and force the denture in or do I wait for the swelling to go down. I'm so ashamed of myself and honestly I know I shouldn't be because I was in such pain before I had all my teeth extracted. I'm at a loss and I really have no idea how I'm going to deal without teeth. What do I do :(

You're answers will be very helpful and appreciated. I'm a nervous wreck and need some insight.

Thank You,
Janet

call your dentist and get an adjustment so it will fit into your mouth. It's pretty basic for the dentist to do.

Back