• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting a Baby Tooth pulled! Scared! Help!

N

ncarley12

I'm 13 and tomorrow i have to get a baby tooth pulled.:cry: It's already loose but I think it's still gonna hurt. I hate needles and get really nervous when i have to get a shot, especially in my mouth. Every time I have to have a shot i freak out and start crying.:redface: Is there anything that will numb my mouth without novocaine? And I'm afraid to ask my dentist about other stuff to numb my mouth.

ncarley12 :welcome: to the forum. Your dentist can rub a gel on your gum, it is called topical. This will numb the gum but not the tooth, when they come to do the injection you should not feel it. If they do it really slowly and take their time you will not feel it.

When you go in tell the dentist you are afraid of the injection and ask if they could use the topical gel. For them to get a baby tooth out it should be over very quickly especially with it been lose.

I wish you good luck :clover::clover::clover: for tomorrow, you will be fine. Let us know how you get on please, as it would be nice to know. :grouphug::bear::grouphug::bear::grouphug::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear::hug5:

Bless you sweet girl, and I agree with what Carole has said. I am sure you will be more than fine, it is the lead up to all of this stuff that is rotten, and our heads play games with our emotions, so try and stay focused on the end result and you will be so happy once you get to that point - take care, and let us know how you go.

Kim

Thanks Carol and Kim but I'm kind of nervous to ask my dentist about the tropical stuff. I know he works with kids and stuff but i feel like he doesn't like me. Or just kids in general.

Hi ncarley :welcome:, sorry to hear that your dentist doesn't seem all that good with kids :(. Have you discussed your feelings about your current dentist with your mom or your dad (or both of them)?

Even if I tell them I don't like him they'll still keep me there and tell me to grow up. They say that going to the dentist isn't scary. But it is. I have to be there in about an hour and I'm already crying.:cry: I'm so scared.

Bless you sweetie, you will be fine - holding your hand now xx

Well it happend. I was scared and sobbing. I think since my dentist saw me this scared he was nicer. My mom even came into the room. The novocaine hurt but not as bad as I thought it would be. I don't know if they use like a dentist tool thing to get a tooth out but all he did was twist it with his finger. Thanks for all the help and advice.
(p.s. I'm still scared of the dentist and novocaine)

Well done but if it was a loose baby tooth, why couldn't you just leave it fall out or wiggle it out yourself?
The injections do not have to hurt but not all dentists have mastered the painless techniques. Sorry you don't have more control over the situation as a child.

Sorry this is a bit late but WELL DONE YOU :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

You were so brave to get this tooth out :yay::yay::yay::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

CONGRATULATIONS :jump::jump::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::jump::jump:

I hope you are feeling better now :bear::bear::bear::butterfly:

ncarley12 :welcome: to the forum. Your dentist can rub a gel on your gum, it is called topical. This will numb the gum but not the tooth, when they come to do the injection you should not feel it. If they do it really slowly and take their time you will not feel it.

When you go in tell the dentist you are afraid of the injection and ask if they could use the topical gel. For them to get a baby tooth out it should be over very quickly especially with it been lose.

I wish you good luck :clover::clover::clover: for tomorrow, you will be fine. Let us know how you get on please, as it would be nice to know. :grouphug::bear::grouphug::bear::grouphug::bear::bear::bear::bear::bear::hug5:
do you need to have an injection to have a baby toth taken out cause my orthodontist said i need the last one to come out and i really hate the sound of injections and they look really painful please help me!!

Last edited:
Hi daisyoakes101 :waves:

I have just answered you on your other thread. The injections can be given pain free, I close my eyes when having treatment as I don't want to see the injection. It really isn't as bad as we think it is going to be.

But it is a valid fear and could you try and explain to the dentist that you are frightened of the injection.

Best wishes to you :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::hug5::hug5::friends:

Hey I'm 13 years old too,
I'm having my tooth taken out tomorrow and I have no idea what's going to happen and how painful it is going to be. I would like someone to help me who has had the experience and remembers what it was like!!!!! I am scared of needles and I'm not sure how much the numbing gel is going to work, someone please help!!!!!!

Back