• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in my upper and lower Molars on the left side of my mouth

T

tomas1226

Hello,

Any info would be greatly helpful. It started on Sunday with a minor ache in my upper molars on the left side. For the most part is disappeared on Monday until the evening. It started in the upper molars and went down the back side of my jaw and into my lower molars and well. At times the pain was extremely intense. Today(tuesday) I went to the dentist and had an xray done. Nothing showed up in the xray, but it did show that my maxillary(spelling) Sinus dips very low into my jaw and looks to intertwine with the roots of my upper molars. Also a note I have a deep filling on my last upper molar on the left side. I have no wisdom teeth (not born with them). I have taken some OTC Sinus meds but it only seems to help a little bit. Could there be a larger problem at work here? Or do I just need to grin and bare it until the sinus' calms down and heals up a bit? Again any info would be a huge help. Last note, the pain fluctuates in intensity through out the day and night.

Hi tomas1226 :welcome: to the forum, I think it sounds like you need to wait for your sinus to calm down but if the pain continues and you are worried go back and see your dentist.

Best wishes :)

Hello,

Any info would be greatly helpful. It started on Sunday with a minor ache in my upper molars on the left side. For the most part is disappeared on Monday until the evening. It started in the upper molars and went down the back side of my jaw and into my lower molars and well. At times the pain was extremely intense. Today(tuesday) I went to the dentist and had an xray done. Nothing showed up in the xray, but it did show that my maxillary(spelling) Sinus dips very low into my jaw and looks to intertwine with the roots of my upper molars. Also a note I have a deep filling on my last upper molar on the left side. I have no wisdom teeth (not born with them). I have taken some OTC Sinus meds but it only seems to help a little bit. Could there be a larger problem at work here? Or do I just need to grin and bare it until the sinus' calms down and heals up a bit? Again any info would be a huge help. Last note, the pain fluctuates in intensity through out the day and night.
Hi Tomas 1226
I'm just wondering whether you have noticed a pattern to your pain, for example when you bend your head down or lie down does the pain feel worse as this could be consistent with sinus probs?

Back