• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ever So Slightly Loose Tooth

D

dlevan

Hey guys,

I am new here and honestly signed up to ask this question to get educated answers. I would go to the dentist to get it looked at but it's the same old story about not having insurance and no money and yadda-yadda-yadda. Going to the dentist is my last resort at this point.

So just over a week ago I got hit in the mouth with a hockey ball, the ball wasn't coming at me too fast, it redirected off of something and hit me square in the mouth. When it happened there was very very very minimal blood and everything seemed to be intact so I didnt think anything of it.

Well here it is just over a week ago and my gums are still sore, the other day I was checking it out in the mirror again touching it with my tongue and it looked as if it has very ever so slight movement.. I mean VERY little movement.. My gums are still sore and I cant bite into anything. There has been no discoloration of the tooth, it's just sore.

My question is, is this something that will heal on its own? will the tooth tighten back up on its own? How long does something like this take to heal? Does it sound like i'll need a root canal? :scared:

Any help is appreciated
Thanks.

It needs properly looked at with some x-rays, otherwise it's guesswork from me, sorry. Are there any dental schools near you that you can get it looked at?

Back