I posted about 3 weeks ago. I had just been to the dentist with an abscess. It had been 20 years since I had seen one. He pulled a couple teeth immediately and made an appointment for me today to remove another. He was wonderful and kind and I was really good during the first visit. This visit didn't go so well. I was fine until a different woman met me in the exam room. I expected the same doctor and assistant. Something that tiny freaked me out. I wasn't prepared for things to be different. The good news was she just wanted me to sign a paper and I had the same assistant. The bad news was that I had a difficult extraction that caused an 'open sinus communication'. That sounds bad. The dentist said after pulling the tooth, there was an opening into my sinus. The warnings are many. I do antibiotics. I can't cough, sneeze, move my head too fast, blow my nose, or bend over. These are things I usually do. I'm at high risk of infection because the sinuses are not supposed to drain through a tooth. I'm scared. Has anyone else had this? Oh, and what I really, really can't bear is the sound of a drill due to constant drilling as a child. AND HE HAD TO DRILL. I had my ipod blaring into my ears, but I could still here that squealing, screeching sound from Hell. I'm supposed to go back for post op exray to make sure everything is o.k. I don't know if I can go back. I feel like my body has been run over from holding it so tense. And I feel so odd, like there's a pulling above this tooth and throbbing in my ear. I'm a little freaked. I hope someone else has survived this and been fine. I'm a little scared. And I'm disappointed in myself because I didn't handle this visit as well as I did my first. And I can't figure out how to start a paragraph when I write. I hate my typing all smooshing together. Really today I'm just hating everything.