• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

All top teeth pulled and same day denture, have questions....

A

aczlvr

I had all my top teeth pulled along with 4 on bottom, the back teeth. Dentures were put on but my top give me a huge over bite. I cant even put my lips together. Is this normal? will they move back? I look like a chick munk. Also my nose is running like a faucet, when i blow it, a bunch of blood comes over top denture. Is that normal? The overbite is big, I can almost fit my thumb in between when I put teeth together. Please if anyone can answer any of these questions or have any advice, I really need it. Thanks so much, Amie

Hello,
How long ago did you get your teeth extracted? If it is recently that may explain the blood when you blow your nose...You should be able to close your mouth with your dentures in..the overbite is probably normal (my husband has full top dentures and he has an overbite) But have the dentist who put the dentures in to look at them and do some adjustments...

I was IV sedated early morning all top teeth were pulled along with the back ones on the bottom, I left at 4 with top denture and a 4 tooth flipper for the bottom. I dont know if you can notice but I am up at 3:34am in excruciating pain, where you ask..... The bottom of my face like if you to a finger and rubbed from bottom of chin down. My neck I guess you can say so from my bottom jaw down to middle of neck. Once again my question is, is this normal. I was told to wear dentures all night the first night which has woke me up multiple times. Can i post a picture somehow to show just how bad the over bite is along with my swollen neck. I dont trust that these front tops will move back after swelling, it really is bad. Also i do understand the bleeding from having all my teeth pulled but why am i blowing my nose and it seems to blow my mouth too. All comments and opinions welcome. Thank you all, I truly appreciate your time.

I'm sorry you are having so much pain and so many problems..Did the dentist say anything about a sinus communication? Maybe you should go back and have him check that out...I'm not a dentist so I really don't know much but I know there are a lot of dentist on here that will be along sometime and can offer you more advice...Yes, you can post pictures if you'd like..I hope you get help with your problems...

Sorry to hear your troubles, can't help much but your lips should meet down soon as the teeth bed in after the swelling goes down if this is a very recent extraction i.e the last day or to you shouldn't really be blowing your nose as you need to try to avoid positive and negative pressures. Hope you get your answers and that you feel better soon. Xx

You need to contact the people that extracted the teeth, you need someone to have a look at you.

Back