Thread: Two front teeth feel like they move when my tongue touches them?

Unhappy Two front teeth feel like they move when my tongue touches them?

Hi, I'm only 14 years old, I've never had dental surgery or anything like that no braces or anything. But when ever I put my tongue in front of my two top front teeth and then put my tongue behind them and push forward, i feel them move... just a little. There's no pain It just scares me. I have no right top canine, could that be making my two front teeth want to move to the right to fill the space? I'm so scared

Default Re: Two front teeth feel like they move when my tongue touches them?

Hi veilpiercer , it is normal for front teeth to have some movement. Try and resist wiggling them with your tongue. If you have had a fall or something hit you in the mouth, see your dentist as soon as possible to check them. Also, if you clench your teeth at night you should mention this to your dentist.
      There's an App for That!

Mobile Apps are available for this forum. Please click on the following links to get yours:

iPhone/iPod Touch

Android Devices

3. The Following User Says Thank You to letsconnect For This Useful Post:

Lannie (18th July 2013)

Are they baby teeth? I hade my last baby tooth pulled when I was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by brush your teeth View Post
      Are they baby teeth? I hade my last baby tooth pulled when I was 12.
      no they are adult teeth

Mine do the same, specially after drinking or eating something that is either quite hot or quite cold - like having water and then having hot coffee, and sometimes I feel it on other teeth too, but when I check them with my fingers, or look in the mirror to see if they're moving, they never actually are - I sometimes wonder if the tongue doesn't also just give us the feeling of movement because it's not a solid object? But I doubt it's anything to worry about. I've had a few trips to the dentist recently and I'm sure he would have mentioned it if there was a problem like loose teeth.
      Lannie

hi veilpiercer
      everyone who does what you've described thinks their teethare moving. The teeth do move slightly but really it's your tongue thats giving way.
      mine does it too - dont worry

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob wain For This Useful Post:

carole (20th July 2013), Lannie (20th July 2013)